Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbrowne13e Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
    How long after filing petition of bankruptcy does it appear on credit report?
    How long after filing petition of bankruptcy does it appear on credit report?
    Also, I have recently been offered an excellent new position with a great company but will not pass the required credit check. This leads us to my initial question. After filing but before discharge will there be a record of bankruptcy on the credit report and if so how long would it take? If it does appear before discharge is it possible this would be sufficient to get me past the credit check so I can accept the position? My family and I really need this job and the thought of turning it down over poor credit is killing us. Can anybody help us out with some decent answers? We have tried speaking with attorneys and they can't or won't begin to answer these inquiries.
    Thank you in advance!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Let me see you have such bad credit that you have to file for bankruptcy but you need good credit to get a job?

For some people the bankruptcy will actually improve their credit score.
    * each case is different but enough late or judgements can make a report a lot worst, and merely discharged in bankrutpcy it helps.

But each agency is different, it can show up in a matter of days, weeks and so on.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Jul 28, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Not to be personal, but can you explain the reason for the bankruptcy plausibly?

So, were there major medical expenses? Someone embezzle your private funds? Identity theft?

Or did expenses just exceed income?

If there is a good, justifiable reason for the bankruptcy, perhaps the new company will take you on in a probationary status, and just not allow you to handle money.

But lying by omission or commission and you will lose the job for sure!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I don't know what field you are going into but from my past HR experience its pretty hard to not hire someone based on poor credit. Believe me we had some doozies and they slid right by.

Is it possible to be upfront with the hiring manager? It tends to help you case if you admit to prior misdoings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I've gotten deeply into debt trying to help my fiancé out of a sticky financial situation. I owe roughly $50,000 (loans, credit cards and bills I've not been able to pay like medical) and I make $40,000. I didn't look at the monthly payments on top of one another, which I should have. Now I...

Bankruptcy off your credit report [ 2 Answers ]

This is a wonderful site. I was reading another persons question regarding removing bankruptcy off your record takes about ten years. I am curious if bankruptcy is taken off your record after ten years are you obligated to report that you have had a bankruptcy after it is taken out your record? I...

Filing Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I am behind on 2 cars and the house, 3 and 4 month respectfully, will filing bankruptcy save the cars and the house?? If so, which one chapter 13 or 7?

Filing after bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I filed Chpt 7 this year and I am wondering how it will, if it will affect my filing. What documents do I need to share with my accountant? etc.

Credit Report after bankruptcy [ 5 Answers ]

I had to file bankruptcy because of a sick house (mold infested) that almost killed my daughter and I. I have and had an excellent income, was never late on anything, but could not afford to fix the home and pay rent for another place to live. Insurance would not fix anything and the cost was...

View more questions Search