Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rafanelli Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 03:27 PM
    PC Freeze then No signal on Monitor
    Hi,

I was using my PC which then froze and I switched off from mains (doh), after I tried to reboot the monitor would display 'no signal', I have lights on Motherboard, The CPU Fan is working, Reseated RAM, Removed Battery for 30mins, Graphics is on-board so don't know, I get a clicking sound rather than beep when I power up, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    rafanelli Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rafanelli
    Hi,

I was using my PC which then froze and i switched off from mains (doh), after i tried to reboot the monitor would display 'no signal', I have lights on Motherboard, The CPU Fan is working, Reseated RAM, Removed Battery for 30mins, Graphics is on-board so dont know, I get a clicking sound rather than beep when i power up, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    For me this has turned out to be a Motherboard/Graphics Card Issue

Tested with different PSU still same problem
    Tested with different HD still same problem
    Reset BIOS via MB Jumpers still same problem
    Reset BIOS via Battery Removal still same problem
    Removed Memory Cards/other Cards one-by-one still same problem
    No Beep from BIOS however during testing it did work OK twice and went back to same problem indicating probable motherboard/on-board graphics chip faulty.

Hope this helps anyone with similar problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signal on monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Ok for starters made my computer by myself and it was working for the longest time and then I decided to get a new CPU.. I was going from a Celeron D 3.3ghz to a Pentium D 2.8ghz.. Mobo is a Mach Speed P4MSD-800.. It didn't work got nothing on the monitor screen.. I put the celeron back in and it...

No signal on monitor, Please Help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a wireless adapter card and installed it into a PCI slot in my computer. When I turned on the computer there is no signal to the monitor. I turned off the computer and took out the wireless adapter card from the PCI slot and turned back on the computer and I have signal to the...

No signal to monitor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I’m not completely lost when it comes to computers, so a friend of mine asked me to fix his computer and I’m completely stumped. He tried to change his keyboard and when he plugged in the new one there was no longer any signal going from the tower to the screen. I replugged the original key...

No Signal to the Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Our computer decided to take a breakdown, and there is no signal to the monitor we tried another monitor and still nothing the computer lights up the cd drive light flickers, the mother board light is on and the fan works, however when we swapped swapped the hard drive into another computer that...

No signal to monitor [ 8 Answers ]

OK like a week ago I unhooked my computer then just awhile ago I rehooked it back up and like the computer starts up and everything its just there is no signal to my moniter and the cd rom drive doesn't open or close and I also can't power the computer down by the power button ihave to turn it off...

View more questions Search