Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Music in general.
    I was sitting downstairs when I thought of soething that makes so many different people alike... music. Seeing how there are so many people on this site who disagree I'd like to bring together something that many people enjoy. So here goes...
    What is/are your fave band(s) and what is/are your fave song(s) by them.:D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 01:56 PM
    I only have one favorite group. Queensryche. What do I like by them? Everything.

Besides them, I like all genre's of music (some more than others) and really don't have any favorites. I may like a song for a week or two, but it wears off eventually. Queensryche is the only one I stay with religiously. Well, them and Enigma. LOL
    -

Jul 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Fave band of all time and will NEVER stop loving them: Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant's vocals are nearly unmatchable (except for the singer from Wolfmother wo is frighteningly similar to Plant's). Jimmy Page is one of the top 3 guitarists of all time if I am correct. John Paul Jones was an amazing keyboard player as well as a very good base player. John Bonham is THE greatest drummer of all time in my books. His tallents are mostly unmatchable but I have heard some stuff his son has played and I guess tallent at playing drums is genetic.
    Over all I love them because they just have a great sound and were themselves more then anything and even though people tried to put them down. My fave songs by them are (in no specific order):
    Kashmir • What Is And What Should Never Be • Over The Hills And Far Away • Gallows Pole • All Of My Love • Stairway To Heaven • Tangerine • Your Time Is Gonna Come • Hey Hey What Can I Do • Immigrant Song • Ramble On • Achillies Last Stand • Friends
    I could go on forever.. so yeah....:D
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 02:30 PM
    A favorite band that stands my test of time? The Doobie Brothers. Loved them from the first time I heard them, then saw them, fell more in love with them, and the rest is musical history (for me). The favorite song by them, "Southside Midnight Lady."
    klovesj110603 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2007, 06:54 PM
    I aboslutly love Brooks and Dunn a country band... I love all there songs they sing so great. When it comes to rock... I love metallica.. my fav song... Unforgiven2
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jul 28, 2007, 07:10 PM
    I really don't have a favorite band. I listen to a lot of different music depending on my mood. I do listen to a lot of pop music however and right now my favorite songs are Beautiful girl and Big girls don't cry.
    This will give you a good idea of what I like...
    CindyB2007 | Project Playlist | Music Playlist || Facebook, Tagworld, Stickam, Hi5, Friendster, Infieldparking.com, Xanga, Myspace Music Playlists
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Bowling for Soup, kik HUGE , 99 bikerfriends, friends of mine
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Guns n' Roses... Sweet Child o' Mine and Knocking on Heaven's Door

Styx... Come Sail Away and Lady

Black Sabbath... Paranoid

Man, those are only a few.. how many can I post again? Lol
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 07:27 PM
    bushg agrees: good music:)
    Thank you. Classic Rock is my passion. I actually like pretty much ALL of it, those were just the first ones to pop into my mind. :)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Imagine... John Lennon. Free Bird... Lynyrd Skynyrd. Fishin in the Dark... Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Drops of Jupiter... Train. Just to name a few:)
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Ahhhhh I forgot about Free Bird!

I live where Lynyrd Skynyrd is from (Jacksonville). I have been to the Freebird Live (concert hall) once. Jacksonville is like a giant monument to Skynyrd. :)
    -

Jul 29, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Yeah classic rock!:D
    I was gonna make this thread about classic rock but decises that it would be more variety if we left it open.:) And yes, Lynard Skynard is soooooooo amazinggg!!! Maybe I should go check out Jacksonville eh?:p
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    Yeah classic rock!:D
    I was gonna make this thread about classic rock but decises that it would be more variety if we left it open.:) And yes, Lynard Skynard is soooooooo amazinggg!!! Maybe I should go check out Jacksonville eh?:p

You definitely should. Jacksonville, is awesome! :)
    -

Jul 29, 2007, 07:02 PM
    I'm not gona lie... I've only ever left Canada once.. and it was to Michigan.... I love Canada but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing the world.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    I'm not gona lie... I've only ever left Canada once.. and it was to Michigan.... I love Canada but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing the world.

The United States isn't exactly seeing the world. There really isn't much special here, with the exception of a few really neat National parks. :)
    -

Jul 29, 2007, 07:22 PM
    L0L! I was reffering to teh world in general:p
    But yeahh... I wanna go to Florida and see the beaches and DOLFINS but in their natural habitat.:)
    And I would advise ANYONE to come see Canada.. it's sooooo gorgeous!:D
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 07:24 PM
    I have been wanting to visit Canada, but I don't like snow and cold weather. How high does the temperature usually get there?

Florida is nice. Every time I go to the beach and swim there are dolphins not too far off the beach. They aren't scary at all. Actually, it has been said here that if there are dolphins around, there are no sharks :)
    -

Jul 29, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Then I will swim with dolphins!:D
    Canada gets up to like 40 degrees Celcius depending on where you go... and it's not snow and cold all year round. It gets pretty hot & humid during summer time (right now).
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Jul 29, 2007, 07:27 PM
    I think I might be the first here but I love hip-hop. My favorite group is Blackstar (Mos Def and Talib Kwali) and the song is Thieves in the Knight. I also like Mos Def's "Umi Says".:cool:
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
    That's cool I will have to make sure to visit during the summertime. To be all honest with you, I'm scared of snow and ice because I don't know how to drive in it. I have always lived where there is warm weather.

Florida is awesome during the summer, the only downside is in the summer it is hurricane season, and it rains a LOT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

General reading [ 1 Answers ]

Could I get a general reading please?

General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

How do I post to General Ledger: October 2 Ordered cleaning suuplies, $500 October 7 Received the cleaning supplies ordered on October 2 agreed to pay half the amount in 10 days and the rest in 30 days?

Few general questions. [ 2 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to plumb (water supply) a bathroom, considering a simple design of sink, toilet, and shower all in line? (all have same wet wall). Lines coming in closest to sink. When running supply lines to washing machine, what is the purpose of those copper "hammer" devices I see...

5 General Questions [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I have a science fair project on Forensic Science (the whole project is presented to judges in February but right now we are working a bit on in in science class) and we had a assignment to do a Mentor Interview which basically we ask questions to a expert on the topic. Here are my 5...

View more questions Search