Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cochisetown Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 12:38 PM
    A credit card judgement
    A collection agency on behalf of a credit card company placed a judgement against me, however I never received any documentation about court date, time, place, etc. the only way I was made aware of this is because I received a "Notice Of Non-Suit & Dismissal document from the collection agency 6 months ago. However it's not signed by the Judge. How do I handle this and or should I get an attorney involved to handle this. Especially since it's on two credit bureaus as well.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Fule Motion to vacate the judgment, lack of proper service wit hthe court that issue the judgment. This will start the hearing again so that you can present a defense.

You must attend that hearing, or default judgment will stand. They must prove the alleged debt is valid and the only way to do that is produce he original contract you signed. No contract, no claim.

If the judge ask if it is yours, simple state" I have no recall of this alleged debt, can the plaintiff produce the original contract is refresh my memory.

Now also very inportant, the plaintiff must be in the court rooom, no plaintiff, no case, attorney cannot testify for their client not in brief or orally, hearsay, move the court to dismiss the suit.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2007, 04:07 PM
    How do you know a judgement was actually entered? Unless you have the name of a court with a date that a judgement was entered, you may not have one. If the notice you received lists a court, then contact that court to see if a judgement was entered. Then file the Motion to Vacate that Yet recommended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a judgement by a credit card [ 5 Answers ]

What does it mean when a credit card company has a judgement against you?

Credit card judgement [ 14 Answers ]

I have a credit card jugdement that was processed against me for about 4,000 including court and interest. This week the sheriff emptied all my money in my bank account and came this morning and took my car which is about 15,000. I am at a loss and do not know what to do next. Please help.

Credit card judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I recently received a summons to appear in the magistrate office about a credit card for Capitol One that I quit paying on when I divorced my husband 4 years ago. I live in Pennsylvania and I thought the SOL was 4 years. The papers state date of accountMay 12, 2003 and they filed for a judgement...

Judgement on credit card [ 3 Answers ]

If a judgement is placed against you for credit card debt how long does is last? Also can the law firm representing the credit card company(discover) take any personal property.. such as automobiles that are owned or your home The credit card is approx 6,000; and I don't have any means to pay or...

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 credit card judgements against me and have recently filed for bankruptcy-do I need to file a motion to vacate these judgements or is it automatic with the discharge?

View more questions Search