Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spacefire5458 Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 12:01 PM
    America and mexico
    Do you think that the government should either build a fence across the us-mexico border or do something else to stop the flow of illegal immigrants?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 28, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Something that I thought of (and I do have witnesses) before Bill O'Reily said it:

National Guard troops. What better way to train them in a border-defense type situation should they be in a war?

XenoSapien
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2007, 02:55 PM
    What about a North American Union like the European Union?

Bush approved of a new large highway for trade from Mexico to Canada... looking ahead, the corporate Republicans are and dragging along the religious Republicans with promises and propaganda.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Hello space:

Sure. He should just make 'em legal. What?? All they want to do is wash your dishes. Don't you like clean dishes??

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 03:00 PM
    If only the U.S. would change and improve its immigration policies, no fence or sharpshooters would be necessary.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 05:25 AM
    The US should complete the fence that has been approved for and budgeted for by Congress and signed into law by President Bush . That would be a starter. I do not care one bit that it would not be 100% effective. It would slow down the rate of the flow of illegals into the country .

I would also get tougher on employers that hire them . The Del Monte plant was raided and some illegals were arrested. They wanted to replace them so they put out the word they were hiring . There was a long line of applicants. So much for "doing the work Americans wont do" .

Only after these are in place should the country address the need to expand visas. There is a definite need to stream-line the process. But the nation should only tolerate legal immigrants .We should know when they are here and when they leave at all times.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
    The situation has gotten out of hand and something needs to be done soon. For whatever reason the federal govt is dragging it's feet (which I suspect has to do with the large number of "anchor babies" who will have voting rights in the future), which is making local govts take action. My county and a neighboring county is currently working on ways to deny county services to illegal immigrants. It sends a clear message - if you are illegal you are going to have a tough time living here, so go live somewhere else. The federal govt needs to do SOMETHING; fences, moats, sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads...
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 29, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    How about the fact that they are taking your money but not giving back? They can do whatever they want and what happens? They just get deported... that's it. No jail.. no prison, just get sent back home. If they want to come to the US... do so legally
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Wondergirl agrees: They pick our crops too, don't forget. What white person wants to slave (bent over for hours) out in a hot, dirty field and get all itchy?
    I have picked, and packed crops before. You can't say no white person would do that. I am from the agricultural capital pretty much of the United States. Yes, the hispanics do a good job around there, but there are plenty of white people that do it too.

I believe the borders should be closed. They are draining this country and have no business here if they don't belong here. I don't mind the ones that come here to work, the ones that actually TRY to gain citizenship, but the ones that are perfectly happy remaining illegal and feeding off taxpayers, are the ones that pi$$ me off.

Not to mention they are trashing this country. You people from California, which is where I am originally from, know what I'm talking about. My hometown used to be so beautiful when I was younger, now its completely trashed, dirty and dingy. I absolutely love it here in Florida, and although I am moving back to California soon, I really don't want to. Something needs to be done because its getting ridiculous. I say we give California to Mexico (since that is what it pretty much is already), close the border, and try to rebuild.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Hello again,

What jillian says is true. However, there are also communities who are doing the opposite and welcoming the immigrants. That's a clear message too - if you're illegal we won't let you be exploited because of it in our community. We like clean dishes.

The federal government failed again. Local laws like these can't prevail on either side. The feds DO need to do something. Criminalizing leaf blowers, however, ain't it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 09:10 AM
    What about just taking mexico over, who is going to fight it, their army ? They would all give up just to become US citizens.

We talk over all of Mexicos natural resourses, create oil jobs, beach resorts. As for as religious, mexico is actually a higher percentage Christian, so they should not have a religious issue
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SnaveLeber
    how about the fact that they are taking your money but not giving back? they can do whatever they want and what happens? they just get deported... thats it. no jail.. no prison, just get sent back home. if they want to come to the US...do so legally
    Hello Snave:

You are really misinformed. Too much O'Reilly, huh?

I don't understand what you mean when you say they are taking my money and not giving it back. Just the opposite is true. They work. They get paychecks. They get taxes withheld. They can't file a tax return, so the government gets to keep THEIR MONEY. They're the ones getting ripped off!

I also don't understand what you mean when you say they can do whatever they want... No they can't. If they get caught, they DO go to jail. I've been there with 'em. After they're released they DO get deported.

I can't for the life of me understand how you can be so misinformed... Maybe if you just don't like darker skinned people, these things are easier to believe.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Snave:

You are really misinformed. Too much O'Reilly, huh? I don't understand what you mean when you say they are taking my money and not giving it back. Just the opposite is true. They work. They get paychecks. They get taxes withheld. They can't file a tax return, so the government gets to keep THEIR MONEY. They're the ones getting ripped off!!

excon
    The illegals that work for under the table money don't pay taxes! They have no SSN, how can they pay taxes?
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    The illegals that work for under the table money dont pay taxes! They have no SSN, how can they pay taxes?
    Hello nautical:

True, but MOST of 'em work for a paycheck with a fake SSN.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello nautical:

True, but MOST of 'em work for a paycheck with a fake SSN.

excon
    How in the world do they get a hold of a fake SSN? Do they just make up a random number? Or does someone issue it to them?
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Or does someone issue it to them?
    Hello again, naut:

I wouldn't use the word issue. It's more like a forgery. Employers are only required to see two documents in order to hire someone. An SS card is one, and a picture ID is another. Those are forgery's too.

excon
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jul 29, 2007, 09:36 AM
    They steal a ssn and use it as their own or someone else steals it and sells it to them.

Most illegal immigrants are trying to better themselves but they still have committed a crime. If I speed to get to work early so I can look better to my boss, I still committed a crime, it's the same thing. I know a few people are calling for total deportation but I think most people just want to have better legal immigration, so we know who we are letting into our country. For most people it doesn't have anything to do with not liking brown people it has to do with what is legal and what is illegal.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb
    For most people it doesn't have anything to do with not liking brown people it has to do with what is legal and what is illegal.
    I agree. Its not that I don't like them because of their race. I am not racist. I don't like the ones that feel they are above the law and can come and go (we don't see too much going) as they please.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Hello again,

It's time to present excons truth about illegal's. The fact is, they're just like you.

Let's be clear. I'm not talking about the few who are criminals. I'm not talking about the few who work for cash. I'm not talking about the few who go on welfare and use up our other services.

I'm talking about the overwhelming majority of them who just want a job to better their lives – just like you.

Here's how they're EVEN MORE like you are. Use your imagination here. Let's for a minute say that you live in Colorado. Let's say that Colorado has no jobs, or the ones there pay $.25 an hour. Let's say that there's a boom going on in the oil business in Wyoming. But, Wyoming only wants Wyomingans to have those jobs, so they make it illegal for anybody to cross their borders.

So, there you are, sitting in Colorado, looking across that imaginary line called a border at a help wanted sign. Your children are hungry. Tell me that you're not going to walk over there and go to work.

I know, there are some high handed amongst you who'll say nooooo, I wouldn't cross the border. That would be illegal. I'd go sign up and wait for years.

I have only one thing to say to those people. Bull!

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:50 AM
    I understand they are trying to better their lives. I've been to Mexico quite a few times, and Lord knows I would not want to live that way either. Like I've said before, I really don't mind the ones that do it the right way. But the ones that come here illegally, and remain illegal, knowing FULL WELL they are illegal, those are the ones that bother me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guy in mexico [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 and well I went to mexico not to long ago and well there is thid guy who I really like and he really likes me but I think he found a girl that he like in mexico. I just want him not to find another girl but I'm scared that he did.I no I'm going back in the summer and I no that if I go back...

Mexico boy [ 1 Answers ]

OK well awhile ago I went to mexico I have family so there. So went we were over there this one kid send some one to go tell me that he want to go walking wit me. I mexico that mean a guy likes you. My little sister heard and she was like no, no. the guy was still standing there waiting for what I...

Religion in Mexico [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the religion in mexico was before catholicism? I've been searching Google a lot, and can't find anything. I found one link about mayans, but I don't need that. I need help.:)

View more questions Search