Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    I saw today on the news that Mexico plans to sue the US in international court to stop the fences. That's ironic. They don't care to keep their own citizens home.

For all we have to say about national sanctity and sovereignty, they apparently lack that same pride, to make the same efforts at home. What are they running from? Is Mexico such a bad place that they just can't stand it? Why can't they remain and turn things around there?
    They are running from poverty. I have been to Mexico, and yes it is a bad place. I don't even live there, and I couldn't stand it. Its nasty and disgusting, but the funny thing is, THEY made it that way. While I was there, I saw a grown adult pull down his pants and take a crap in the gutter, that is just plain gross. I think that they feel it is too far gone, and turning things around would take too much effort, so they just migrate over here. Besides the fact that while they're here, they have it easy. They can work (plenty of people will hire illegal immigrants), not have to pay taxes, and live somewhere clean (at least more clean than Mexico). Not to mention all they have to do is have a baby, and they qualify for welfare.

I am not racist, by any means, but I feel that it is a bunch of crap that the working people's tax dollars are supporting them. And I also do not want the United States to start looking like Mexico (some parts already do). I feel that if they don't like it in Mexico, they should have thought about that before they trashed it.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 06:31 PM
    They've brought their bad habits with them? That's great news!

Who wants them for neighbors? Maybe we should start a sign-up sheet for the open border advocates..?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    If there are white people where she lives that wont do the job, and the migrant workers will, the fact that she's saying so does not make her racist. You went off on this whole "African Amercans picking cotton" thing, when it has no relevance. They were FORCED to pick cotton (besides the fact that that was a long time ago, and hasnt been applied for a while), the Mexicans CHOOSE to work in the fields. Nobody forces them to do anything.

She said she wasnt racist, so she's not.

.The Afro American work under the sun is relevant only if skin color is brought into the equation as the lady just did by saying that no WHITE person would EVER do that type of work no matter what. Nobody WANTS to be under the sun itching and sweating for meager wages. Forced? These people ARE forced because their life circumstance forces them to do it. Or maybe you have your own definition for what forced means. I have done jobs for meager wages in order to survive which otherwise I would never have done. Have you? If not, then that's the reason you feel that these people are sweating and itching under the sun voluntarily.

BTW

You wish to accept the glib explanation that the comment is A Okay and is racially neutral. That is your opinion. Mine is a different one
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 06:37 PM
    They've brought their bad habits with them? That's great news!!

Who wants them for neighbors? Maybe we should start a sign-up sheet for the open border advocates...?!
    Have you considered that they might not want YOU for a neighbor?

BTW
    When you cut down on the horendous American rape and murder, child abuse, and assault and battery statistics then maybe you won't look so ridiculous talking about other people's "bad" habits.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 06:37 PM
    BABRAM agrees: It's the dollar to peso rate and the bi-weekly trip to the Western Union.
    So they're using the exchange rate to pump dollars across the border?

Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    .The Afro American work under the sun is relevant only if skin color is brought into the equation as the lady just did by saying that no WHITE person would EVER do that type of work no matter what. Nobody WANTS to be under the sun itching and sweating for meager wages. Forced? These people ARE forced because their life circumstance forces them to do it. Or maybe you have your own definition for what forced means. I have done jobs for meager wages in order to survive which otherwise I would never have done. Have you? If not, then that's the reason you feel that these people are sweating and itching under the sun voluntarily.

BTW

You wish to accept the glib explanation that the comment is A Okay and is racially neutral. That is your opinion. Mine is a different one
    Their life circumstance does not FORCE them to do anything. There are jobs available in Mexico, trust me. And yes, I have done crap jobs to get by, I didn't have to go to another country and do it though. Its called McDonalds.. and yes, there are McDonalds in Mexico.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 1, 2007, 06:47 PM
    So they're using the exchange rate to pump dollars across the border?

Last time I checked, which was a few weeks back, one US dollar got you twelve Mexican pesos. I would rather keep the dollar a dollar and wouldn't mind turning the table on Mexico to use their resources.

Bobby
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Their life circumstance does not FORCE them to do anything. There are jobs available in Mexico, trust me. And yes, I have done crap jobs to get by, I didnt have to go to another country and do it though. Its called McDonalds..and yes, there are McDonalds in Mexico.

There is a huge difference between being stuck for life in one dead-end job and taking a job temporarily, Also, what other country could you have gone to? There is no other. Additionally, why do you assume that McDonnell's pays the same rate as it pays here over there. The reason companies move to other countries is to exploit more than they do here. Otherwise they wouldn't go. There are also factories just inside the border exploiting Mexican workers to the hilt. It all boils down to GREED. The ability to pay a decent salary is there but the GREED is so strong that it prevents it.

BTW

My father, a USA citizen, worked a full eight hour day all his life and was paid BARELY enough to eat and pay a low income housing rent. It wasn't that they couldn't pay more, it was simply that they didn't want to pay more. That's the basis of our Capitalistic system--exploitation of the worker and who better to exploit than those who have no protection under the USA law in terms of wages than these non-citizen immigrants.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 07:04 PM
    There is a huge difference between being stuck for life in one dead-end job and taking a job temporarily, Also, what other country could you have gon to? There is no other. Additionally, why do you assume that McDonalds pays the same rate as it pays here over there. The reason companies move to other countries is to exploit more than they do here. Otherwise they wouldn't go. There arec also factories just inside the border exploiting Mexican workers to the hilt. It all boils down to GREED. The ability to pay a decent salary is there but the GREED is so strong that it prevents it.
    Okay, obviously, just like on the other thread, everyone is going to bash heads. I respect your opinion, and hope you would respect mine. But like I said on the other thread, I feel to strongly about this to argue to no end. So, I won't be answering anymore, because all I'm doing is getting mad.

Have a good day, and no hard feelings (I hope) :)
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Have you considered that they might not want YOU for a neighbor?
    I didn't invite them. If more want to move to my neighborhood, so be it! We are a very diverse group: on my left is a wonderful Haitian family, very hard working and very polite; across is an imigrated German couple, heavy accent but they haven't offended me! Further up the street is an old man who takes care of his autistic grandson... Across from him is a Swiss widower who makes wooden lawn ornaments and cabinets just for fun. Kind of Norman Rockwell-meets-melting pot. Oh! And my physical therapist is half Mexican and half Chinese. I have NO problem.

BTW
    When you cut down on the horendous American rape and murder, child abuse, and assault and battery statistics then maybe you won't look so ridiculous talking about other people's "bad" habits.
    I have no personal knowledge of their "bad" habits. I was responding to a prior post.

But, hey, maybe you should send these stats to them, explaining we already have enough to deal with? I'm not accusing all them of every crime on the street, but at the same time, are you condonning them flooding in? Does shear mass of numbers make it appropriate?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Did you know that Mexico has a law that bans foreign nationals from owning property with in 50 km of their beaches and 100 km fron their borders?

Things that make you go, "HUH?!"
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 07:19 PM
    I didn't invite them. If more want to move to my neighborhood, so be it! We are a very diverse group: on my left is a wonderful Haitian family, very hard working and very polite; across is an imigrated German couple, heavy accent but they haven't offended me! Further up the street is an old man who takes care of his autistic grandson... Across from him is a Swiss widower who makes wooden lawn ornaments and cabinets just for fun. Kinda Norman Rockwell-meets-melting pot. Oh! And my physical therapist is half Mexican and half Chinese. I have NO problem.

BTW

I have no personal knowledge of their "bad" habits. I was responding to a prior post.

But, hey, maybe you should send these stats to them, explaining we already have enough to deal with? I'm not accusing all them of every crime on the street, but at the same time, are you condonning them flooding in? Does shear mass of numbers make it appropriate?
    I don't condone breaking international law or local law or any other kind of JUST law.
    What I do condemn is misrepresentation of motives and a non American attitude toward those who are less privilaged than we are. Things can be resolved decently. If not, it only serves to create eventual social alienation among those who do become citizens but who bear the deep psychological scars inflicted by those who believed it their right and duty to persecute in order to express their displeasure.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 1, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Hi Rich-

A close Hispanic friend at my work place was telling me that only a Mexican citizen can own the property. That friend of mine is a legal US resident and from what I understood the reason Mexico came up with the law was because so many US citizens retired and then moved to Mexico. Strange enough you can always build a home in Mexico, but you better do it on a Mexican citizen's friends property that you feel secure about.

Bobby
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Did you know that Mexico has a law that bans foreign nationals from owning property with in 50 km of their beaches and 100 km fron their borders?

Things that make you go, "HUH?!"
    Dang! I do agree with you on that!

Apparently the process is so bogged down (again shear mass of numbers) nothing can be done. I guess we should either fix the problem and expand the program or relent?

And I'm sure some honest, law abiding citizens have been the brunt of scourge for anything other of their nationality have done, and that isn't fair.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 1, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Maybe the us should help to make mexico a better place with funding and aid and organisations and stuff, hence eliminating the need for them to leave mexico.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 1, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Why we support half their citizens here in the usa by welfare and food stamps
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    maybe the us should help to make mexico a better place with funding and aid and organisations and stuff, hence eliminating the need for them to leave mexico.
    Here's something to read:

Foreign Aid - US Embassy Mexico City

Note that the header says, "Foreign Aid from USAID (in millions of dollars)"

Aug 1, 2007, 07:51 PM
    I say quit giving them aid, deport the illegals and close the border
    Big10 Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Aug 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Otto186 I am not saying that you are considering that Mexicans are on welfare and food stamps because they are simply, Mexican. But, I'm going to make a clarification, because your statement could create this "aura".

Supporting "half their citizens here in the usa by welfare and food stamps" as you have claimed Otto, is (and again I am not accusing you of what I'm going 2 write next) not because of the fact that they are "Mexicans" but is is only because of their situation.
    Mexicans are human beings before they're Mexican. Those human beings have a situation. America should first take care of America (it has this right), but while doing this, America should try to make choices that are pro the rest of humanity.

America should secure the borders, but what are all the options? What are all the approaches and ways this can be done in? There are many many many ways to do this. What are they? There is not only one "Right" way to do it. There isn't only one "Left" way to get things done. I think?

Aug 1, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Big10
    Otto186 I am not saying that you are considering that Mexicans are on welfare and food stamps because they are simply, Mexican. But, i'm going to make a clarification, because your statement could create this "aura".

Supporting "half their citizens here in the usa by welfare and food stamps" as you have claimed Otto, is (and again I am not accusing you of what I'm going 2 write next) not because of the fact that they are "Mexicans" but is is only because of their situation.
    Mexicans are human beings before they're Mexican. Those human beings have a situation. America should first take care of America (it has this right), but while doing this, America should try to make choices that are pro the rest of humanity.

America should secure the borders, but what are all the options? What are all the approaches and ways this can be done in? There are many many many ways to do this. What are they? There is not only one "Right" way to do it. There isn't only one "Left" way to get things done. I think?
    Well they can take there situation back to mexico. There are thousands of americans homeless and dying on the streets but the us government seems more interested in helping some people from another country. I say we take care of our own then try to be humanitarians.

Next of all I have been were mexicans are in large numbers. I have seen for myself they willl forge 6 different identies and draw checks that mine and you taxes pay for. I am not against the entire mexican race just the one that are here illegaly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guy in mexico [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14 and well I went to mexico not to long ago and well there is thid guy who I really like and he really likes me but I think he found a girl that he like in mexico. I just want him not to find another girl but I'm scared that he did.I no I'm going back in the summer and I no that if I go back...

Mexico boy [ 1 Answers ]

OK well awhile ago I went to mexico I have family so there. So went we were over there this one kid send some one to go tell me that he want to go walking wit me. I mexico that mean a guy likes you. My little sister heard and she was like no, no. the guy was still standing there waiting for what I...

Religion in Mexico [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the religion in mexico was before catholicism? I've been searching Google a lot, and can't find anything. I found one link about mayans, but I don't need that. I need help.:)

View more questions Search