Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxvickyxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Contact lenses
    Hi, I know this has nothing to do with teens but it's the only thing close enough to the question.
    I have contact lenses I am having a trial week and the only problem is I find it hard to put the lenses in and take out. I have tried many ways but none seem to work. ANY IDEAS?! :confused:
    alyza77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Well I use lenses myself, they have to be really mouist when you put them on... try putting it on your idex finger, don't let it fold, woth the other hand hold your eye open and put it on... if it is irritating you like burning your eyes and let them sit in the solution for awhile and put them back on... remember w/ you index finger don't let it fold... other hand hold youe eye open...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
    <moved from Teens to Vision>
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Perseverance, I am terrible but I do improve with practice. Try to look past your finger looming towards your eye! I cheat and look a little away as well so that I can't see it coming because otherwise it just doesn't happen. How do you go about putting them in at the moment, perhaps you don't have the technique quiet right, post it up and people might be able to tell you were you are going wrong.

It does get easier with practice, I don't wear mine very often so it's always back to square one but the more you do it the better you get. Also make sure you give yourself plenty of time. That way you won't feel pressured and you will be less likely to make mistakes.

Make sure they are the right way round- otherwise it's not going to happen!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 02:35 PM
    I find it helps to fill the lens with saline solution before popping it in my eye.

When I put them in I just pull down on the bottom of my eye with my middle finger and have the contact on my index finger and just pop it in and slid it on top of my iris. Has always worked for me. Just try a bunch of different ways eventually you'll find something that's easy.
    xxvickyxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Thanks for all the answers I am actually finding it tons easier now
    Xx
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Tip #1: Go back to your eye doctor and tell them you need additional training on how to insert and remove your lenses. They should happily help you with this.

Tip #2: Try using a magnifying mirror.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches due to contact lenses [ 11 Answers ]

I've had really bad headaches for the past 2 months. I tried everything to ease the tension but couldn't find the root of the problem. Finally I realized that I've been wearing my contacts 7 days a week for more than 10 hours a day. So, I've cut back on wearing contacts. I take them off as soon...

Can I get lenses put into frames I bought off the internet? [ 11 Answers ]

I have recently bought some glasses frames off the internet and was wondering if I could possibly take them to Specsavers - as I am a customer there - and have standard prescription lenses put into them and I was wondering if this service - if offered - is free? Thanks :)

View more questions Search