Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2004, 06:20 PM
    Secure site problem after running adaware/spybot
    I have a 6month old computer that has been bombarded with spyware. I run adaware and spybot on a regular basis (daily! ). I think in my frustration, I inadvertently removed something that allows me to access secure sites from this computer. I am able to access the same sites on another computer in our home that's networked to this main computer. I can navigate other sites just fine and I do get the homepages of my bank sites. However, when I try to access the online services/sign in, Internet Explorer bounces me to the "This Page Cannot be Displayed" and "Cannot Find Server or DNS Error" page. Does anyone have any idea how to get me back to having access to my bank/online sites? What did I remove that's causing this?
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

May 18, 2007, 02:25 PM
    The thing your talking about SSL authentication is installed as part of Internet Explorer, reinstall IE7 and it should work dandy again... and use something better than adaware and spybot... like Windows Defender, nobody knows where spywares hides in Windows more than Microsoft...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15.5 Briggs running problem [ 6 Answers ]

My neighbor lady has a Craftsman with this motor. She said it was missing a spring and could I look at it. It just quit while she was mowing. Sure enough the spring on the choke had come loose so I figured a simple fix. To easy.. It will start on full choke and run at about a idle speed for a short...

Mtd running problem [ 8 Answers ]

I have an mtd yard machine 5 H.P. 22" cut push mower that refuses to stay running. If I pump the rubber primer (bulb?) it starts right up but dies as soon as the gas goes through. If I keep priming it after it starts ,it will keep going, but as soon as I quit the priming, it dies. The mowers been...

Problem going to secure page [ 4 Answers ]

I am running windows xp with service pack 2 I am running Microsoft antispyware,norton,2004 I have my firewall turned off because I have direcway internet and I go through a router to my computer , Problem is every time I go to a secure page it says this page is not available and the page goes...

Building a secure site [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice on the best way to go about building a web site which has products you can buy and take credit card payments online. I don't want to use encryption - I would like to be able to use the one with the padlock symbol. Is there any software out there that will help me build...

View more questions Search