Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    any101010 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 08:46 PM
    14 yo, candida
    I'm a 14 year old boy and I think I have candida... I have almost every single symptom and I passed a home saliva test that can be found here:
    Experienced Candida Support -Free Home Candida yeast tests

I've started feeling bad ONLY 7 days now.. but the pain is really, extremely bad and almost unbarable. I haven't gone to the doctor yet (but will if this keeps going on).

Is there anything that might have the same symptoms of candida? What's a natural treatment for it?

Thanks for any help
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 02:53 AM
    Go to the doctor. Please. That site looks crackpot-ish
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 05:27 AM
    If you truly have Candida you need to see a doctor, not rely on home kits or home remedies. Your doctor may also have you see a dietician as there are many foods that lend to Candida. You could be allergic to some foods. It can be complicated.

So see your doctor! Don't just think you have something, make sure you do or you do not and follow your doctor's treatment plan.
    Sybersnott Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 01:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by any101010
    I'm a 14 year old boy and I think I have candida... I have almost every single symtom and I passed a home saliva test

I've started feeling bad ONLY 7 days now.. but the pain is really, extremely bad and almost unbarable. I havn't gone to the doctor yet (but will if this keeps going on).

is there anything that might have the same symptoms of candida? whats a natural treatment for it?
    Uh oh, a candida yeast infection. You could try this - get some MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) and take it with a large glass of orange juice (vitamin C).

With the MSM, take at least 6,000 mg. or more a day - and with the vitamin C - 2,000 mg. a day.

Do that for about a week -- it should clear it right up.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 08:56 AM
    There are good herbal treatments to cleanse the digestion system of candida but it is important to go to the doctors to make sure that is what it is and change your diet. You may need antibiotics and then you will need to eat yogurt or take probiotics to replace the good bacteria the antibiotics took out of your system. Also eat plenty of FRESH vegetables and fruits.

Foods to Eat

Vegetables (including plenty of raw garlic), protein foods (beef, chicken, eggs, fish), live yogurt cultures (both dairy and non-dairy,) FOS*, whey, acidophilus, green algae's (such as spirulina and chlorella), nuts, seeds and oils, and non-glutenous grains (like millet, rice, rice bran and oat bran).

Foods to Avoid

Aged cheeses, alcohol, chocolate, dried fruits, fresh fruits, fermented foods, mushrooms, vinegar, glutenous foods (wheat, rye, oats, barley), all sugars, honeys and syrups (that includes any 'ose', like lactose, sucrose etc), and foods that contain yeast or mold (breads, muffins, cakes, baked goods, cheese, dried fruits, melons, peanuts - although nutritional and brewer's yeasts are not harmful, as they do not colonize in the intestines).

Things that contribute to candida

# steroids, antacids, anti-ulcer medications, or frequent or long-term use of antibiotics
    # sugar feeds candida
    # Smoking
    # Food allergies and intolerances
    # Diabetes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need more info on candida [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know about or have Candida? Any information or advice will be very much appreciated.

Medication for Candida after antibiotic treatment [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Recently my daughter (6) had strep throat. Shortly after, my son (3), my husband, and I all had strep throat and the whole family was on antibiotics. My son was the first one to show signs of oral yeast. The Dr. prescribed him Nistatin swish and swallow. Although it helped, it did not cure...

Candida vaginitis & mono [ 2 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I have a 10 year old daughter who was just diagnosed with mono. Later that day she told me she had discharge which appears to be a yeast infection. There is some redness and some itching but no odor. Can mono cause vaginal yeast infection? Kjones

View more questions Search