Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adam Benjamin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Skin rash from scratching
    I have developed a skin rash on my ankle due to nervous scratching. Wheneven I get uptight I begin to scratch. It has turned ugly. Now it almost looks like a burn mark. What can I do to keep me from scracthing it and letting it heal properly?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Have you tried to cover it with a bandaid or some gauze? I would suggest to use some neosporin or some type of oinment to keep it from getting infected. Is this the only area you scrath on your body? You might need professional help to stop your nervous scrathing habit. I have a few suggestions for you... keep your nails trimmed. If possible were gloves to try and prevent the scratching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Rash [ 1 Answers ]

For the past year or so, I have been getting these rashes when I get out the shower and when I run. My skin turns slightly red then a very small bump shows up. It sometimes looks just like a mosquito bight. The rash usually slightly itches. Again, usually only when I get out the shower in the...

Skin rash [ 9 Answers ]

I have the weirdest rash that occurs on the back of my neck from time to time. It is a string of perfect red circles, each one about the size of an M&M... It does not itch, it's not scaley, it doesn't hurt but when I run my fingers across it , it feels a little burny or sensitive. Not much at all...

Rash on my skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a rash on my legs and arms that look like burn some are in big patches and some little it hurts a little and little itchy can you telll me what it might be ? Thank you

Excessive chewing and scratching. Skin rash [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My six month old golden retriever has a bad itching and rash problem. Took her to vet today, he did some scrapping on the scabby areas. He did not see any mange mites. Afew weeks ago she started scratching and chewing on elbow area. To the point of sores and bleeding. Last night I...

Skin rash [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My nephew gets this rash off and on It appears all over his body It disappears after he sleeps Sometimes his hands and lips swell Oil and salt water onlymake it worse It goes and comes in 2 days Why

View more questions Search