Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmysan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Opt tax withheld vs h1b tax withheld
    Hello,

I am a F1 visa holder. I have an offer to work in California and this company got the h1b visa for me, This visa starts on October 1th. I got a better offer from another company in Houston and I would like to take this offer over the California one. I will get the opt in September and I will withdraw the h1b visa. My question is

What is the porcentage of tax withheld over my salary holding an opt in Texas and what is the porcentage holding a h1b visa in California..

Thank you for the answer
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 11:12 PM
    If the salaries are the same, work in Texas, as it has a LOWER cost of living and NO state income tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing 1040, and have 1042-S with tax withheld [ 3 Answers ]

I am from India and have been in the U.S for 8 years and working on H1B , so have been filing 1040(since its been more than 5 yrs) I am also doing my Part Time school during which I received a $1000 scholarship towards my summer semester of which $300 was withheld. I got a 1042-S form with the...

1099 -R, Where to enter the gross distribution and tax withheld [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am filing F1040 . I received 1099-R (Distribution from pensions, annuitites, retirement or profit-sharing plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.). My question is 1) where to enter gross distribution and federal income tax withheld. Line 15a & 15b of F1040 (asks about IRA distribution)...

NY SUI/SDI - Included as withheld tax on return? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. I'm a New York resident and I am currently preparing my 2006 state and federal returns. I am wondering if I can include the NY SUI/SDI as part of my state tax withheld, or if it's irretrievable like the Social Security & Medicare taxes. Thanks!

Box 6 Medicare Tax Withheld [ 1 Answers ]

My program doesn't pick up on this as far as a refund. Do you not get back any of the medicare tax withheld? Also, Atlanta Tax Expert, if they agreed I was exempt from FICA, are you also exempt from the MED/EE?

Employer in VA, I Live in NH which State Tax should be Withheld and filed for? [ 1 Answers ]

I work for and receive salary from, a company based in VA. I work in Boston, MA at the location of a Client of my employer. I live in NH and commute to MA. Which State Tax my employer should withheld and Where should I file my Tax Returns? Is it VA because the source of Salary is from VA based...

View more questions Search