Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glenmere Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2005, 08:10 AM
    Canon C755 Multipass printer
    I'm not sure anybody can help me but here goes. My problem is with my Canon C755 Multipass printer. Whenever I try to print (either a Test print or from WordPad) I receive the following message: "To print this document a BC033 Color Cartridge is required. The device has a BC-30 cartridge/ink tank. Please place the correct type of cartridge in the device or replace any ink tanks that may be empty and clock OK when the device is ready."

The problem is, I DO have a BC-33 cartridge installed with all the tanks full. The printer just won't print and I keep getting this same error message all the time. It's running on WinME and all the drivers seem to be identified and up-to-date. I've even run the cartridges through all the cleaning processes.

Can anyone who's had experience with this particular printer suggest something I might try to correct this problem. Thanks
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 30, 2005, 09:56 AM
    Hello,

I just recently worked on three Cannon printers, all giving me the same problems, and they weren't that old. It must be something in the printers that cause that to go bad, since I did all the troubleshooting you did along with many other things.

Personally, I don't like Cannon, I've had to repair or trash many more of these printers than any other brand by far. I'm pretty sure its just time to get a new printer, because some sort of sensor has gone bad.

If you get another one, may I suggest a Lexmark. I've had many good experience with them myself, and any clients that I give a Lexmark to always have good comments on those printers. I've noticed that their printing life lasts longer also.

Good luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2005, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by glenmere
    I'm not sure anybody can help me but here goes. My problem is with my Canon C755 Multipass printer. Whenever I try to print (either a Test print or from WordPad) I receive the following message: "To print this document a BC033 Color Cartridge is required. The device has a BC-30 cartridge/ink tank. Please place the correct type of cartridge in the device or replace any ink tanks that may be empty and clock OK when the device is ready."

The problem is, I DO have a BC-33 cartridge installed with all the tanks full. The printer just won't print and I keep getting this same error message all the time. It's running on WinME and all the drivers seem to be identified and up-to-date. I've even run the cartridges through all the cleaning processes.

Can anyone who's had experience with this particular printer suggest something I might try to correct this problem. Thanks
    Its possible that something is wrong with the print head causing it not to recognize the cartridge properly. Canon's do have a rep for printhead issues. I would suggest contacting Canon for their opinion. I doubt if it's a software issue.

I would NOT recommend a Lexmark printer. In fact, it's the only printer I warn people away from. While they do a good job of output, they run through ink like crazy. Lexmark's have, by far, the worst cost per page ratings in the industry. That's one reason they are so cheap. HP's are clearly the class of the printer market, selling more printers then all their competitors combined. HP basically invented both the laser and inkjet printers.

When comparing output quality, there is no discernable difference from manufacturer to manufacturer. But when comparing feature sets, reliability, cost per page and support, HP generally comes out on top. In a recent Consumer Reports printer issue, HP had 6 of the top 10 models.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 31, 2005, 07:39 AM
    OK, yes, definitely listen to ScottGem - he definitely does know more than I do... I have worked with HP also, and have had many good experiences with this brand also.

ScottGem: good point, now that I remember a little more, you are certainly correct about the ink issues.
    glenmere Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2005, 05:14 AM
    Canon C755 Multipass printer reply
    Thanks ScottGem for your reply. I did in fact contact Canon but it didn't help. They more or less encourage me to buy a new Canon or take to to a Authorized Repair shop rather than find the problem to my C755. Both ways it would cost more then to toss it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2005, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by glenmere
    Both ways it would cost more then to toss it.
    This is actually becoming almost a standard issue with some printers. Given the cost of ink cartridges it is sometimes more cost effective to buy a new printer then replenish the ink. This is especially true of the under $100 printers. Unless you have a high-end printer costing several hundred dollars, it is often more cost effective to replace then repair. Of course this is true in many other industries as well. Ever repair a toaster, can opener, VCR?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Linux + Canon PIXMA Photo Printer IP6210D [ 3 Answers ]

Can the Canon PIXMA Photo Printer IP6210D be used with linux? :confused: CUPS? Any answers will be appretiated! :D

Canon i850 printer help [ 1 Answers ]

I really hope someone will reply soon. My report is due tomorrow, and for some reason, my printer is printing everything five times too small, all at the upper-left hand corner! Does anyone know how to stop this and get it to print normally? I know it has something to do with the fact my dad had...

Canon S450 printer help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Canon S450 printer and recently needed to change color ink jet. Since doing this I keep getting messages such as: Error writing to LP1 and also my printer lights are flashing. 1 green, 6 yellow, 1 green. Can anyone give me help in getting this printer going again?

Canon USB Printer Hangs XP Boot on Dell [ 2 Answers ]

My Canon MP 390 USB Printer hangs XP boot on a Dell 8300. Boots fine with printer not hooked-up. Boots with other USB devices. All USB hubs show up in Device Manager. Clean re-load of XP, SP2 and current BIOS don't help. Maybe an IRQ conflict? Or What?

Canon i450 printer problem after SP2 upgrade [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 computers with XP; each uses a Canon i450 printer. I recently installed SP2 to XP on both computers. Now, when I try to print 4 X 6 postcard announcements, the text is misplaced 1 1/2 inches from the side. Canon tech did not help. A downloaded Canon driver changed nothing. I've...

View more questions Search