Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traceescheeler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Siding options
    I am building a house and have to use something other than vinyl siding. What are the prices of things like stucco and wood? How much more will it run me?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 04:06 PM
    When I worked in a real estate office brick was the best choice for adding value to the house. However you can check with home depot or call a license contractor to get some prices.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 30, 2007, 07:41 PM
    No Masonite Siding That's For Sure But A Nother Alteritavie Would Be A Concrete Siding, It Want Rott, As Far As Brick My Guys Charge 375 Per 1000 Bricks They Lay,
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 08:34 PM
    If you can find stucco houses that have been around for a while in good repair, I would go for it over any Masonite. If nobody was doing a good job on stucco 10 years ago, I wouldn't risk it.

Care to explain why not vinyl?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asbestos siding [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased an asbestos siding old farmhouse and would like to move it a quarter of a mile down the road to my farm and do extensive remodeling on it. I was wondering if it was safe to move.

Log siding [ 2 Answers ]

Would someone know if it's possible to make your own sidding with pine tree? If so what is the best way to proceed? Thanks

Siding [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen on the TV ads for siding being a certain amoutn per square feet. Without having to call the company I would like to figure out how that would be for my house. Can anyone tell me how they figure square footage. Would it be as simple as the length of the house by the height on each side?...

Vertical siding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm interested in re-siding my house with vertical siding, but was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier that makes it in lenghths of about 25ft so that I can do the whole of the house in one run? Otherwise I'll have to do it in sections 12 ft high and run a j channel across, but I'd...

Siding [ 9 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to take aluminum siding off a house? I need to take a little section off to look underneath there and I am having a hard time. It is nothing like vinyl siding.

View more questions Search