Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigman224 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Troubleshooting split system outdoor ac unitt
    My outdoor unit works occasionally, you can turn it on at the thermostat, after about ten minutes or longer it will kick on, after it has reached the desired tempurture, in the house the ac unit will kick off and not work for a couple days or longer no matter how many times you turn the thermostat on or off, after a couple days you can turn it on at the thermostat you will sit there for a while then the outdoor unit will kick on then the process repeats it self. Thank you.:eek:
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Some A/C condensing units have a solid state time delay in them,these can cause the problems that you mention. The thermostat wires connect to this PC board in the out door unit. Mike
    FAIYAZ73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 08:16 AM
    I have tried changing the room sensor & coil sensor
    FAIYAZ73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female outdoor cat not accepting new male outdoor cat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old spayed female cat that has always lived in our garage and is very spoiled. We live out in the country. A male cat about two years old that is very sweet also showed up and is now neutered. He is not dominate to the female and wants to live in the garage also. They each have...

York Split-System Won't Blow Hot? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've got an electric 2005 York Heat Pump/AC split system that won't blow hot. All winter long I've avoided using the heat, now that I need to turn it up the kids are crying that it blows cold air. Pulled the '05 electronic thermostat off the wall to reset it, then turned the temp to 72 and...

Network troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a desktop PC (A)connected by ethernet cable to a wireless router. I have a second PC (B) connected wirelessly to the router. Both computers have been assigned IP addresses by the router. Both PCs can successfully access the internet via the router. I want to share files between them. I can...

Second HD troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, here's the skinny... Intstalled my girlfriend's HD (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD) onto my computer as a 2nd HD(slave). All jumpers are set correctly, all cables are correct (not the 1st time I've done this). Everything works fine, it's detected and I do have access to it. ...

New wiring of heatpump split system [ 2 Answers ]

My house trailer has only electric heat. I have added the "A" coil and heatpump. I have replacaed the two wire thermostate cable with a five wire cable. One goes from the thermostate to the furnace the other goes from furnace to the outside unit. I'm using the two heaters as the aux heat. I have...

View more questions Search