Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    detroiter1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 11:01 AM
    GE Refrigerator Is Not Cooling
    I have a GE refrigerator (TBX24JABRRWW) is not cooling adequately. I have vacuum all the dust bunnies from under, around the coils and back of the refrig, and everything appear to be working, but inside the refrigerator department, it is not keeping a cooler temperature even after I adjusted thermostat to a level 7. Now my freezer is starting to defrost and not staying cold. Could this problem with my refrigerator be because my home AC is not working? It is very hot is my home now around 90 degree. Once my AC get fix, will my refrig problem go away? Please help, I need everyone’s expertise.

Thanks
    Detroiter1
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 11:53 AM
    GE Refrigerator Appliance Parts and Repair Help
    Refrigerator Repair Help, Troubleshooting, and Parts

Hope these help you...
    al69mgb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by detroiter1
    I have a GE refrigerator (TBX24JABRRWW) is not cooling adequately. I have vacuum all the dust bunnies from under, around the coils and back of the refrig, and everything appear to be working, but inside the refrigerator department, it is not keeping a cooler temperature even after I adjusted thermostat to a level 7. Now my freezer is starting to defrost and not staying cold. Could this problem with my refrigerator be because my home AC is not working? It is very hot is my home now around 90 degree. Once my AC get fix, will my refrig problem go away? Please help, I need everyone’s expertise.

Thanks
    Detroiter1
    I would say yes... get the AC repaired.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Not having a/c will not keep ref from cooling. It will cause it to have loner run times and possibly cause condensation around door id you no not have a yoder loop through the door or a door heater. Now for the problem. The freezer should be -5 tp +5 degrees. Open back panel on freezer where evaporator is. Are the evap coils iced up? Indication evap fan not working. Is the defrost heater on. Indication of a bad timer motor. If these are OK the cold (temperature) contreol is bad.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Forgot to mention but my troubles come in 3. So what next, right. I see many home on service calls that do not even have A/C and it has never caused the ref/freezer to run warm and not worked. May folks even have units in hot garages. So it is not because of A/C.
    detroiter1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 01:59 AM
    I got my Refrigerator fixed. I called a repair company and after they troubleshooted, they found a in line fuse the needed to be replaced. That all it was. It cost me $180.00 to learn that. :mad: :mad: This GE have two in line fuses connected to the Evaporator. I did save most of the stuff in my freezer:)

esquire1 thank again for your help. I think I got rip off. The service call was suppose to be $57.00 + 15 for trip cost = $72.00 Some how I let this repairman charge me $108.00 more for just removing the bad fuse and not replacing it. They say knowledge is power and it cost. I am not mad, just disappointed.:(
    buddycook Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2010, 08:48 PM
    I have GE ref mod.#gss22sgmdbs freezer doing grate fre. Not ihad to replace control board evapfanmotor&damper door
    Candid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 09:13 AM
    My freezer part of my GE freeze-up and we have to thaw out the ice than it works for awhile but for a month than again we do it. So what is wrong with it
    Candid
    toddlintown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 06:00 AM
    My GE Profile Refigerator is now 5 years old. Since day one it has demonstrated a rise in temperature in the fridge and freezer after being opened repeatedly during parties or when the kids use the water dispenser all day. It mght take 2-3 days before the temperatures would cool and stabilize. 13 months after I bought it, nothing would cool and a tech had to replace a board. I *****ed so much about the thing dying one month out of warrranty that the tech backed the paperwork so I didn't have to pay. During year 3 the board went out again and I DID have to pay for it.

During year 5, the board went out again today and the he advised me that he was seeing much more of this problem and that it the board switcharoo didn't work, the only thing left to do was replace the compressor. I now had an extended warranty ($300 +) and a month later, they had to replace the fracking compressor---no charge. Two months later and the refrigerator and freezer are reading 77 F.

I have a call out for a tech who will do the same thing that happens every time I call them out... come out without a new board, have to rush order the piece by mail and ship it to my house. I'll then have to call again to have the tech install the piece. Of course, this is 8 days before Thanksgiving and we're hosting. I think we're screwed.

I've had repeated problems with my microwave, dishwasher and gas cooking stove.

Garbage products.
    kobrien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 07:24 PM
    We purchased a GE Profile French door, w/bottom freezer in 2009. Never kept food cool at a consistent temp from day 1. About 6 months ago, the freezer temp dropped a few degrees and the refrigerator temp went up to 44 and climbed steadily. Luckily we were under warranty. The first repairman replaced the mother board. Problem continued. The second repairman replaced the temperature sensor. Problem continued. The third repairman replaced the damper. Problem continued. So we finally called Lowe's, where we bought it, and they agreed to give us our money back. Still a lot of hassle and wasted food. Would never buy another GE product.
    barry biggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 04:29 PM
    We came across the same problem and here in the uk its almost impossible to get hold of someone who is actually competent in ge fridges and has ge now longer operates it this country all their work is contracted out to various service companies who in turn subcontract the work out. However we got lucky when a family friend pass us the telephone number of a gentleman who's adept at these fridges he came out and it only took him a few minutes to find that the fault was the condenser fan motor which wasn't running correctly its been two years or more now and we have not had any more problems since. This is there web address but its only good to you if you are in the london area. Www.agsrefrigeration.co.uk.
    coolbreezej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Ge model tb18dasgrad freezer fine refrigeration not cold what could be the problem
    coolbreezej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Ge refrigerater freezer fine refrigeration not cold model tbx18dasgrad what could it be
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Here is the manual: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/GE_...ide_refrig.pdf
    You will need a good auto-ranging digital meter to diagnose this refrigerator. This is one where guessing will get you nowhere. Since we don't have any R-12 refrigerators any more we have this cheap junk the liberals want us to have. Write your congressmen and tell them to repeal the Montreal Protocol so we can get good refrigerants again that are 50% more efficient and reliable. Look online and you will see how ridiculous their claims are. The reason the ozone is thin over the south pole two weeks a year is that the sun is below the horizon. Ozone is not thinned by CFCs magically going to the South Pole (and not the north). We have paid enough for this nonsense and deserve to have the laws repealed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Need Help on cooling issue. My maytag MSD2756AEW side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. When I close the freezer side the cold air stops coming into the refrigerator side. There is no blockage in the crossover vent at the top. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks

Refrigerator stopped cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I have a Kenmore top freezer model 253.71822106. I few weeks back I noticed some condensation (and re-freezing) building up on the top shelf of my fridge. I just dealt with it, but now it has stopped cooling altogether (I'm not sure if these are related, just giving back info). The...

Refrigerator freezer running but not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

My refrigerator freezer is running, but it is not cooling

Amana refrigerator quit cooling [ 1 Answers ]

The freezer portion of my Amana refrigerator would not keep ice cream frozen. Then the bottom portion of the refrigerator quit cooling. Can this appliance be fixed by an amateur like me? I already have a question on-line about my washing machine. Hope someone can help answer my questions.

Matag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help on Refrigerator cooling issue. My maytag MSB2554AR side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. I have found that the back side of the freezer gets frosted up. I cleaned the coils in back and defrosted the freezer coils. After about t weeks I am running into the same problem. Any...

View more questions Search