Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slickvic621 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 03:33 PM
    Video Downloads
    When I download any type of video from the internet (e.g. music videos, movies), the quality when played seems to be bad. Are all videos supposed to be blurry because they are compressed? Is there any way to fix this? Will the quality be better once burned in a high quality format? Please help me on this.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 29, 2005, 04:55 PM
    Videos are compressed or sized down on the Internet so that they download faster to your computer. The only way to get true quality is if the actual website you got it from has it in full quality. Really, unless using special costly software, it is not very easy to gain quality in Internet video.

I know this very well since we broadcast on the Internet. Most of our Internet reports are available in pretty high quality, but they can take a long time to download. The higher quality the video is, the more space and bandwidth it consumes, which in turn costs the website owner more money.
    slickvic621 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 05:06 PM
    When burning these videos onto cd's I know they have to be encoded before they can be burnt. Does this encoding process help the quality? If I were to burn in VCD format, will there be much difference in the quality of the video versus SVCD format?

Jul 29, 2005, 05:17 PM
    There is a difference with VCD to SVCD, but still recording on a CD the quality is reduced once again to be compacted onto the CD. You will only get full quality when recording to a DVD. We used to use VCD, but we have now converted to DVD and the quality difference is incredible.

Jul 29, 2005, 05:18 PM
    Even so, the quality cannot be increased, if anything, it will most likely stay the same or decrease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playing downloads on DVD player [ 2 Answers ]

If I save a downloaded video file (say, one that plays in Windows Media Player) to a DVD in a PC's DVD drive, how can I then play it in a regular DVD player connected to the TV? Does this require special software or hardware? Thanks in advance.

Registering downloads [ 5 Answers ]

I have tried to download software like pop-up stoppers, security software from the internet and tried to load a digital camera with installation cd on my computer but it always tells me it can not regester the product. How do I fix this problem?

Spyware downloads [ 8 Answers ]

How much better are the copies of Adaware that you have to pay for compared to the free version you can download online? Someone told me today that the free version online wouldn't hardly help you out at all. I downloaded my version from the internet and it works for me just fine. The other...

Music etc. Downloads [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in anyone's experience of downloading this unlimited service from:- http://www.radiohangout.com/133.html Is it worthwhile and genuine? George H.

Mp3 downloads [ 8 Answers ]

What's the best website to download Mp3 music?

View more questions Search