Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pabel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2004, 06:18 PM
    Unknown Virus
    My notebook has strarted to slow down since a few months ago.
    I have Norton Antivirus which is updated weekly.
    But I think my notebook is infected with virus cause it shuts down and restarts without any message and it occurs rarely.
    When it shuts down I could see English sentences on the blue background all over the screen.
    Please tell me what the heck is this virus and how to get rid of it. >:(
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jul 23, 2004, 08:26 PM
    Unknown Virus
    Hi Pabel,

You mention that Norton is updated weekly, is it running a virus scan weekly also? As of 7-21-04 you should be protected from 67867 viruses.

Go to: http://sarc.com/ Scroll down and click on,"Free Online Virus and Security Check" Write down exactly anything it finds, then return to: http://sarc.com/ and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for manually removing.

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    Pabel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2004, 02:43 AM
    Re: Unknown Virus
    Thanks for yr concern.
    Yes, I do scan my system everyday.
    I'll try as u advised.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown sound [ 8 Answers ]

From time to time and very irregularly, I hear a strange sound coming from the boxes of my computer. I work wit windows xp. This sound is very ennoying, lasts one or two seconds and is definitely not a windows-sound. For it is so irregularly, it is no point to find it out from where it comes by...

Unknown Programs [ 6 Answers ]

I have a program on my computer called ScheduledAgent and I am not sure what it is. I have looked on the internet via Google and there is mixed results. I am slightly concerned as several results suggest it must be removed immediately. Am I right to be concerned? Also is there any other way of...

Unknown Movie, Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

When I was little I saw a movie that I can't remember the title to or any the actors that were in it. For some reason I can't get this movie out of my head and I'm desperately searching for the title. I saw this movie in the mid 80's but I'm not exactly sure when it was made. The movie starts about...

Unknown [ 3 Answers ]

:( :confused: See I'm with my boyfriend now and I do not trust him but I do not trust myself at that.. I got some problems that I do not know how to deal with nor fix them.. It's driving me crazy... I need to get rid of these problems so that I don't start anymore arguments with my boyfriend and...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search