Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickjsbox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Can I lien a CA property held by a Family Trust?
    I am a beneficiary to my deceased mother's trust. My brothers feel they have paid me in full for my interests in the remainder of the trust's assets, which includes a half section of property in CA. They have told me that I will have to sue the Trust if I am planning to get any further distribution. My question is, "Can I place a Lien on the property?" The only value of the property to me is that it may be sold some day. It is worth substantial money. Does anybody know if I have standing to place a lien on it to insure that my interests are addressed at the time of a sale?
    rickj
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Hello rick:

You have to sue and win before you can place a lien.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Husband trust me and my friends and Family don't [ 1 Answers ]

I want to start my stating that my husband and I have been married for 3 years, and we have no major problems, yes the occasional argument, but nothing big. In the last 2 months I got a new coworker who is the same age as myhusband and I and we all three of us have been hanging out a lot on...

Family Trust, executor or administrator [ 3 Answers ]

Family trust consists of wheat land and the income from same. Are there reports, statement of income or other such paper work required for the administrator/executor to produce on a yearly basis to the heirs of the trust other than just writing a check (cash flow) each year along with tax filing...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search