Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:57 AM
    As I said- Youth should be light hearted about love.
    Learn to wait.
    Period.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Aug 5, 2007, 12:24 AM
    Well I'm still a bit down I justfind it hard because so many say youshould ralise the signs as my ex has said she was thinking ofbreaking up for a year, well if she was thinking of breaking up for a year why was she talking about getting engaged and being a couple and kids??

I'm justpissed cause well she wasntobviously thinking that butsays she was. She was thinkingweather she should stay or go. I cantstand that someone can sayhow muchthey love you lots then say they have been thinking of the break
    hair2007 Posts: 135, Reputation: 6

Aug 5, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mckenzie134
    Well im still a bit down i justfind it hard because so many say youshould ralise the signs as my ex has said she was thinking ofbreaking up for a year, well if she was thinking of breaking up for a year why was she talking about getting engaged and being a couple and kids????

im justpissed cause well she wasntobviously thinking that butsays she was. she was thinkingweather she should stay or go. I cantstand that someone can sayhow muchthey love you lots then say they have been thinking of the break
    I know how you feel, my ex has done this to me several times, but the effort he put in to get me back made me believe he wasn't playing a game, well its been 6 weeks since he and I talked..

He is now with someone else, and he started talking with her 2 weeks while with me his "soul mate", but I should have known so I deserve to feel like crap. When he started with his lets see less of each other, I get bored easy. I guess he used me for comfort till something more interesting came along. But I will never understand how he or anyone can play with someone, say one thing and do another. Not for this long anyway. Self centered users! I hpe you fell better soon, as we all know it takes time, right?? ( :

Aug 5, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Right its taken me 5 months. And to make it worse I hae been feeling better and I just got a text tonight.

ITalking about 18 months ago when she went away for 3 months for uni work.

It red " when i went away too .......... I missed you heaps and loved you so much but i just can't say i feel the same way now"

Why would she even bother saying this... ind you it would have been good for her to express that at the time considering she could never sy I love u...

Aug 5, 2007, 06:54 AM
    right its taken me 5 months. and to make it worse i hae been feeling better and i just got a text tonight.

ITalking about 18 months ago when she went away for 3 months for uni work.

It red " when i went away too .......... I missed you heaps and loved you so much but i just can't say i feel the same way now"

why would she even bother saying this... ind you it would have been good for her to express that at the time considering she could never sy i love u...
    I know, I got tons of texts from my ex, along with other things and let him come back, but he is so unstable everyday, like her. It will make you crazy!! I know it does me. And he had to add someone's else to it to, bottom line it was just me, I gues he just didn't want a regular relationship with me... wish he just left me alone then... does she see other people??
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 06:59 AM
    I agree with most of your statements. What a lot of jilted lovers don't realize is that often the "dumper" was never really all that invested into the relationship to begin with. Often the "dumpee" was guilty of imputing much more to the "relationship" than was really there. A lot of this results from people accepting an imbalance and accepting the fact that they are investing a lot more into the relationship than the other person. That is why it's important to never allow this to happen. If you find that the person of your affections is backing off, then you back off. Don't give anymore than you receive. That may go against conventional rhetoric, which says that we ought to give more than we receive and that we just ought to give without worrying about receiving. People who don't adopt that philosophy are made to feel guilty and that they're being self-centered. But that's misguided thinking and it's precisely this type of thinking that leads to people getting burned and suffering the resulting emotional fallout. It may sound selfish but it really isn't ; in the beginning stages of a relationship it really is essential to put #1 first. Keep in mind that that's precisely what the "dumper" that broke the "dumpee's" heart was doing. Had the "dumpee" been doing likewise, his/her heart would have been spared and the final outcome may well have been very different.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Delete her texts, delete the confusion. Stop wondering why she does what she does, you already know she wants to get a rise out of you and you let her succeed by reading her texts. You need a project to keep you busier.

Aug 5, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    I agree with most of your statements. What a lot of jilted lovers don't realize is that often the "dumper" was never really all that invested into the relationship to begin with. Often the "dumpee" was guilty of imputing much more to the "relationship" than was really there. A lot of this results from people accepting an imbalance and accepting the fact that they are investing a lot more into the relationship than the other person. That is why it's important to never allow this to happen. If you find that the person of your affections is backing off, then you back off. Don't give anymore than you receive. That may go against conventional rhetoric, which says that we ought to give more than we receive and that we just ought to give without worrying about receiving. People who don't adopt that philosophy are made to feel guilty and that they're being self-centered. But that's misguided thinking and it's precisely this type of thinking that leads to people getting burned and suffering the resulting emotional fallout. It may sound selfish but it really isn't ; in the beginning stages of a relationship it really is essential to put #1 first. Keep in mind that that's precisely what the "dumper" that broke the "dumpee's" heart was doing. Had the "dumpee" been doing likewise, his/her heart would have been spared and the final outcome may well have been very different.
    So true... once you realize they are not as into it as they were or as your you should back off and leave... I know I put waaaayyyy too much effort into someone who didn't. But I thought him always coming back with such intensity meant something, or was enough... never again. 12 yrs you think you had something meaningful, forget it. You get what you give is a great saying that I will live by.im a giver by nature, its who I am, I trust people too much, snd I wish I wasn't bitter but I have to change my ways too...
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Yeah I think it is time to end the confusion too and end whatever it is that is lingering around that is causing you so much pain.
    It isn't helping you to move on.

All your posts revolved around her. What she is thinking. What she said / says. What she is thinking and how she will react to your actions.

Franky. Who in the hell cares now. It isn't about her. It is about you and you moving on from her.

Can't you see that focusing all this energy on her isn't helping you move on? IT is just causing you so much confusion.

What her motives were or are for breaking up with you are irrelevant now. The only relevant fact is that she is in your past now and she should be left there. It is easier than you think to ignore her messages, emails, calls etc. You just have to want to do it. And at the moment I'm not sure you want to leave her behind.

Aug 6, 2007, 12:29 AM
    I don't want to leave her behind but nothat I should. I hear how some people were more invested and honestly ahe was more invested than me she rang and wanted to see me all the time right to the break. Butwhen she said break it all changed around. Great
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Well perhaps she realised this and realised that it was unhealthy and unbalanced. Perhaps she didn't like the fact that she had more invested in it and you continued to pull back. Perhaps when she realised this she decided that it was time to get out before she invested anymore.

Whatever her reasons were doesn't really matter. She is gone and more than likely you will never have her back. Whether you want to leave her behind or not is not really relevant. You can't make someone love you.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:29 PM
    I am afraid skell you have no chance in beating me. Chuff and me have something going on
    ; ) However I am open to bribes...
    a1b2 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 03:39 AM
    I think this works for guys. What about for girls? What if you break up with sum1 because you were pissed at dt moment.bt you didn't really wnt to.but its bin a long time nw.know the victim will do what you advised. What is the right thing to do
    vivia12 Posts: 143, Reputation: 15

Sep 11, 2007, 01:34 PM
    CAN YOU WIN HER BACK?

NO action required. It's only her that determines that...the less you do. the more you do. reallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!!!

And maybe even more will find out that they wont be coming back alot quicker than hanging around delaying the inevitavle.

Confused is a word used alot in many threads, really the only one confused is you, confusing yourself trying to work out what why or how things went wrong and how could they do this.

Simple they arnt that into you anymore, but to many people who get dumped just can't understand why and really some times there is no explanation except the dumper does not want you and whatever they said in the past is irrelevant only today counts, and yes they can be upset and i tell you what in many situations if you had of dumped them one day before you got dumped there world would have folded and they would probly be on here. So the best thing to do is walk away straight away and turn you being dumped into them being dumped as well. Put them in your shoes dont let them have a fall bak. Tell them if thats what they want you can't wait!!! and definately dont listen to there crap if you loved me you would wait, reply with " If you loved me you wouldnt need a break!!!

Its that simple!!!!

Wish itwas though so hard to do this, but its the correct way, Why wait on someone who needs to think about weather they want to be with you!!!!

Makes you look like a loser when you think about it and no one wants to be with someone like that so whaen someone is deciding on you help them out!!!!

Dont let them decide your better than that, HEll they arnt the decision maker and as soon as they think you are as soon as someone better comes along they will once again yhave to take a break and make a decision!!!!

Never wait NEVER and always let them know everything is fine and you will be ok. DONT EVER CALL!!!!!!EVER EVER
    Don't call ,but do you let them call you? Even if it hurts like hell and want to hear from them and when you do its like picking scabs from the wound? Sorry to be dramatic
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by a1b2
    i think this works for guys. wot about for girls? wot if u break up with sum1 cus u were pissed at dt moment.bt u didnt really wnt to.but its bin a long time nw.know the victim will do wot u advised. wot is the right thing to do
    You can't just break up with someone out of anger, and expect them to come crawling back like nothing happened. Who with any selfrespect puts up with that?? Control your temper, or suffer the consequenses.

Sep 13, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    You can't just break up with someone out of anger, and expect them to come crawling back like nothing happened. Who with any selfrespect puts up with that??? Control your temper, or suffer the consequenses.
    It wasn't rili out of anger just out of being fedup with the whole stuff at dt moment.its a long story,would plead with you to read the story I posted a while ago sometime last month,with the titles "should i call my ex bf of 4 months",and "does my ex bf of 4 months still luv mi". Will really appreciate it if you let mi know your views on the questions.thanks

Sep 13, 2007, 01:21 AM
    CAN YOU WIN HER BACK?

NO action required. It's only her that determines that...the less you do. the more you do. reallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!!!

And maybe even more will find out that they wont be coming back alot quicker than hanging around delaying the inevitavle.

Confused is a word used alot in many threads, really the only one confused is you, confusing yourself trying to work out what why or how things went wrong and how could they do this.

Simple they arnt that into you anymore, but to many people who get dumped just can't understand why and really some times there is no explanation except the dumper does not want you and whatever they said in the past is irrelevant only today counts, and yes they can be upset and i tell you what in many situations if you had of dumped them one day before you got dumped there world would have folded and they would probly be on here. So the best thing to do is walk away straight away and turn you being dumped into them being dumped as well. Put them in your shoes dont let them have a fall bak. Tell them if thats what they want you can't wait!!! and definately dont listen to there crap if you loved me you would wait, reply with " If you loved me you wouldnt need a break!!!

Its that simple!!!!

Wish itwas though so hard to do this, but its the correct way, Why wait on someone who needs to think about weather they want to be with you!!!!

Makes you look like a loser when you think about it and no one wants to be with someone like that so whaen someone is deciding on you help them out!!!!

Dont let them decide your better than that, HEll they arnt the decision maker and as soon as they think you are as soon as someone better comes along they will once again yhave to take a break and make a decision!!!!

Never wait NEVER and always let them know everything is fine and you will be ok. DONT EVER CALL!!!!!!EVER EVER
    this is a very brilliant stuff,but I want to know what works for girls, could you read the two questions I posted last month and let me know your views on them.the titles are "should i call my ex bf of 4 months" and "does my ex bf of 4 months still luv me?".thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My ex dumped me and I feel like I can't move on [ 11 Answers ]

OK well about 3 weeks ago my ex girlfriend broke up with me. I have known this girl for 2 years and I can't get her out of my mind. She said she broke up with me because she needed to be alone and she didn't want to be with anyone right now but she said she still loves me. Im not sure if I...

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

Got dumped [ 4 Answers ]

Well guys I got dumped by a girl that I really was in love with and it sucks. We shared so many information with each other and just today she said that am a fake and doesn't care about me anymore and well this hurts. Well this women was 33 yrs old and am only 24 so maybe we had many different...

Getting dumped [ 49 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22 and have had 3 boyfriends. All 3 have dumped me, the first didn't love me to begin with, the second still loved me but we fought a lot and the 3 is still a mystery to me. We were together 3 months, he fell in love with me after a few weeks and we had a lot of fun together. After 2 months...

Being dumped [ 15 Answers ]

What's the best to get over being dumped? And she made it pretty clear she doesn't want to see me anymore. So I really want to avoid making a desperate phone call...

View more questions Search