Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monroepeters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 09:47 AM
    Weed problems
    I live in a manufactured house in a park and we have areas of stone beds that we try to keep weeded,is there any inexpensive liquid or granuals to help eliminate them? I have a layer of some kind of plastic under the stones.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2005, 10:40 AM
    If there was anything cheap, Monsanto wouldn't be raking it in selling Round Up. There are some alternatives, Next Day and Roots and All, but they are almost as expensive as Round Up. You might check Big Lots or other heavy discounters for a deal. I think a gallon of ready to spray Round up costs over $10, but is the area isn't too big, it might last a year ot 2. It is cheaper to buy the concentrate, and mix your own, but your storage space may be limited.
    themouseman Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2005, 10:10 PM
    If you have valuable plants you don't want damaged you can apply roundup with a foam paint brush on the plants leaves that you don't want and avoid killing the plants you do want. Always wear rubber gloves
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Aug 18, 2005, 05:47 AM
    Cheap Alternative
    There are a couple of cheap alternatives for your problem which stems from dirt building up in the rocks or the plastic underneath it is ripped.

1) Try raking the rocks to loosen the dirt and weeds and then flush the loose stuff out with a strong stream of water.

2) Take boiling hot water and pour it on the weeds. It will kill them but the water has to be HOT.

Another option is Preen. It is a more expensive solution but less than Roundup or other total vegeation killer.

Good Luck.
    grets1333 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 08:14 AM
    Ever hear of Ground Zero?
    I too live in a manufactured home development. The maintenance guy here says they use a product called Ground Zero, which is better than Round-up for killing weeds. I haven't been able to find it yet. I've looked online, so I know it exists. Dupont makes it. So far haven't found where to go to find it though.
    themouseman Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2005, 09:56 PM
    Registration for groung zero pulled by epa. It has a 7 month to one year activity in soil and could contaminate your drinking water if you use a shallow well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Eater [ 6 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater Featherlite Plus trimmer. I have had it for about three years. It has worked wonderfully well, until the last time I used it, and even then it ran. My problem is that the last time I cranked it, the rope did not retrieve, or get pulled back in to where it is supposed to be. ...

Mtd Weed Whacker [ 3 Answers ]

I have a MTD weed wacker that just won't start, it does on the first attempt and shuts off after about 5-10 seconds max. after that it won't start at all. I put the proper mixer ration of gas and two in one oil, and I have also changed the spark plug. Any suggestions, thanks!

I think weed tore us apart.. [ 8 Answers ]

My ex is 19 and I'm 17 and we were together for what would have been a year on June 1st. We broke up a month ago today and it seems like all I want is for him to think of me too (not that I know if he does/doesn't). Our break-up was mutual because we were negatively affecting eachother. I was...

Need help whacking my weed [ 5 Answers ]

I have inherited a kawasaki kbl26a weed eater with the home I'm renting now and cannot figure out how to load the nylon. Got any leads for fixing my weeds?

Weed Eater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater Featherlite. I bought one of those replacement heads for it. How do I get the old head completely off?

View more questions Search