Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linds_04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2004, 05:24 PM
    Computer Security
    Hi, I would like to know what is Active X. When I log into the internet, a pop up comes up saying. "Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this page." I have spyware now and I'm new at this. Could you tell me what I need to do please?
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2004, 07:24 PM
    Re: Computer Security
    G'day matey, well active X is just the term used for live script running on a page. In other words Wat you do happens straight away, its like the postman, its essentially Active Interaction, the governing script.

Hope that shed some light to your question
    Regards~

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Log on and security [ 1 Answers ]

Read in help that one should not log on computer as an administrator- how do I ADD MYSELF TO A USER GROUP CORRECTLY? Lfollowed help instructions but was ltold I did it incorrectly.  what are your thoughts... Thanks

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Security [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed a new version of Norton's Internet Security. Now a box will pop up asking me if I want to allow certain sites. How can I make an informed decision when it just says hcm.exe. I do not know what program this would allow to execute. Can you tell me what hcm.exe is and how I can find...

Security [ 3 Answers ]

Recently divorcing and having utilized many different options to get information from husbands cell, computer, etc. via this site... I've come to realize that security is not as secure as one may think. Can anyone tell me a program or system (I'm not computer literate here) that can secure your...

View more questions Search