Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SusanMC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Pain after wisdom tooth removal
    OK - I had a Wisdom Tooth pulled - it was not impacted. It was full of decay under the last filling. I ended up with a "dry socket" in that tooth. Went back to my Oral Surgeon who put a "pac" in it - felt so much better. Had pac taken out - the hole is much better but the bridge in front of it is on fire - cannot touch bridge at all - will send me out of my mind - feel like taking my head off. What could be wrong - referred pain? Bridge problem just a coincidence? HELP I am in SO much PAIN. I've called my General Dentist and left a message to try and get into his practice tomorrow - what can be done and is there anything I can do about the throbbing right now?

THANKS!
    Susan
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
    There could be an abscess on one of the teeth supporting your bridge. Is the tooth sensitive to hot? I'm assuming you aren't doing any chewing on it. It could be a bite issue... clenching at night? I hope your dentist can get you in tomorrow. Let me know what he/she finds. Take Advil if you can for the pain.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 03:29 AM
    Susan,

How's your tooth? What did your dentist find?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Why do my wisdom teeth smell?

Smelling wisdom tooth [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I am 30 years old. My wisdom tooth lies a little lower than the rest. I noticed that it smells bad. I put a finger on the tooth and smell the finger. The finger smells bad. I tried with other teeth. They smell normal. I have been taking extra care while brushing after I became aware of this...

Wisdom Tooth Removal [ 4 Answers ]

Good Evening, My husband had four wisdom teeth removed last Wednesday, April 4th. One of his teeth, lower left, was growing in sideways and the oral surgeon had to remove a small piece of bone and possibly remove the tooth in pieces. On Monday, his disolvable stitches came out of the bottom of...

Gray wisdom tooth, or what? [ 3 Answers ]

I just noticed tonight that behind my farest back teeth I see something coming out, scratching it with a toothpick it felt and sounded just like a tooth, I guess its my wisdom tooth... But Its gray! I don't know if it is, I've been using dipping tobacco for a year now ( tobacco you place under your...

Highly Deteriorated Wisdom Tooth. [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the situation. I am a 21-year-old girl with no insurance whatsoever, and no income, either. I have a wisdom tooth which came in (a little sideways, pointing outwards, digging slightly into the bone back there, and I did nothing about it. Something, I can't remember what, broke it...

View more questions Search