Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    norobin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 05:36 AM
    Looking for a certain MR16 bulb
    Hello!
    We just purchased 3 Hampton Bay pendant lights from Home Depot. The lights are shaped like bullets and have tiny holes for light effects near the edge.

The MR16 bulbs provided are great--they have no reflective covering on the outside of the bulb, which allows light to emit from the holes in the pendant. It also casts a slight reddish/pink glow through the holes.

Problem is, we can't find replacement bulbs. We've tried HD, can't find Hampton Bay online, called every major bulb manufacturer, and we're stumped.

This bulb is just like any other MR16 except for the frosty outer covering instead of reflective. No company name on the box, no item number. All it says is: MR16 EXN+C 12V 50W.

And while I'm at it, what IS the deal with Hampton Bay? Does the company not exist? Is it a pseudo name for some other brand? Because when you go to find it directly and not just through Home Depot, they disappear.

Thanks!
    norobin
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2005, 08:01 PM
    Go to www.bulbs.com

Lookup mr16

There are a number of bulbs that come up... 20mr16 maybe is a match? I don't know what your bulb looks like.

If not, looks like you can email them also and request assistance.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2005, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by norobin
    Hello!
    We just purchased 3 Hampton Bay pendant lights from Home Depot. The lights are shaped like bullets and have tiny holes for light effects near the edge.

The MR16 bulbs provided are great--they have no reflective covering on the outside of the bulb, which allows light to emit from the holes in the pendant. It also casts a slight reddish/pink glow through the holes.

Problem is, we can't find replacement bulbs. We've tried HD, can't find Hampton Bay online, called every major bulb manufacturer, and we're stumped.

This bulb is just like any other MR16 except for the frosty outer covering instead of reflective. No company name on the box, no item number. All it says is: MR16 EXN+C 12V 50W.

And while I'm at it, what IS the deal with Hampton Bay? Does the company not exist? Is it a pseudo name for some other brand? Because when you go to find it directly and not just through Home Depot, they disappear.

Thanks!
    norobin
    It may be mr16 with a shield
    sgarlanka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2005, 09:51 AM
    Did u find CXN+C buld
    Hi,

We are exactly in the same situation as yours: not finding MR16 CXN+c bulbs. Did you find any?

Pl reply to [email protected]
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2005, 04:49 PM
    I understand how to read the lamp model number, and I am unable to find that lamp available or recogized by lamp suppliers. The CXN represents an ANSI code, or may be assigned by a manufacturer. Never have seen the lamp, I suspect the lamp is similar to other more available MR16 lamps, but is coated somehow.

Find a lamp at HD,Loews, local electrical suppliers, etc. that matches the size and socket style, and wattage, and I believe you will be happy with the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light bulb broke in ceiling fan [ 5 Answers ]

A light bulb blew in my son's ceiling fan. When my husband went to replace it the bulb shattered and the silver metal surrounding it, flakes off when we try to untwist the bulb. The metal is almost like foil now and when you try and turn the base of the bulb it will not budge. If you try to turn it...

MR16 on circuit old question [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, newbie here :) . I have a question about replacing two incadecent fixutres in a kitchen and replacing them with MR16 low voltage lights. The current lncadecent fixutres (2) have two 100 watt bulbs each in them and I would like to replace them with MR16 12v 50watt low voltage fixtures....

Light-bulb change in HB fixture? [ 2 Answers ]

The condo unit I bought has a Hampton Bay light fixture in the kitchen (flushmount, 2-lights, 60w, frosted glass)... this sounds funny to type these words, but how do I change the bulbs? Does the glass portion unscrew? Does the fixture pull-down from the ceiling? I am very hesitant to monkey...

Replacing Aquarium Fluorescent Bulb? [ 1 Answers ]

I know that over time the power spectrum of a fluorescent light changes. You start to lose the shorter wavelengths (UV, blue) as the phosphors wear out. I also know that plants need those shorter wavelengths to be happy in an aquarium. So, my question is, how often should I replace the...

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? [ 5 Answers ]

Golden Retriever The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb? Border Collie Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code. Dachshund You know I can't reach that stupid lamp! ...

View more questions Search