Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7kittylover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Darvocet addiction
    I have been taking Darvocet for neck pain from cervical spine surgery in 1997. Since then I have unfortunately become addicted. I've managed to cut back to for a day, but when I try stopping it, it's an awful feeling. What is a good way to wean off? Any advice really appreciated! :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Honestly, you can either wean off the way you got addicted, or quit it cold turkey. Yes, the side effects are hell for a couple of days, but that outweighs the long term complications.

One thing that may help with withdrawal is a little benadryl to help ease the withdrawal symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a cure for an alcoholic

Addiction [ 25 Answers ]

Help. I just found out that my best friend as an addiction for sleeping tablets called Stilnox. She doesn't only take them to help her sleep but she takes them evey day soon after she awakes. She takes about 5 a day. I keep trying to her she don't need them but she is adamant she does and can't...

Addiction to Ice? [ 2 Answers ]

My mom is an alcoholic and a long time smoker. She has been 6 months sober and has picked up a new addiction. Ice, not the drug, but literally frozen water... She says it curbs her craving for nicotine sometimes. Does anyone know a reason why she might choose ice?

Can The internet be an addiction? [ 4 Answers ]

Well There's this website called Habbo ~ Welcome to Habbo Hotel Canada and I can't seem to get off it I'm just addicted to it, I wouldn't say its really an addiction but its like I'm stuck to it its horrible and I don't know how to quit and I really want to but I just enjoy it so much and I know I...

Janes Addiction [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the guitarist in the band Janes Addiction

View more questions Search