Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptnoble Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Dryer vent height
    I need to put a 4" dryer vent through the wall in my new utility room. The exhaust comes off the dryer right near the floor, very similar to the one shown in this image: (only not on it's side)

http://grandlakeguardian.org/media/2...ay.600x397.jpg

My question is, at what height from the floor should I make my penetration through the wall? Is there a standard? It seems to me that it is not common to put it at the same height as it comes off the dryer. So therefore you need an elbow or some sort of flex ducting? Can someone tell me what is the common practice for this? Thanks.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
    No standard that I'm aware of. It can be at same height as dryer. Always the shortest run is best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper height of stack vent through roof [ 6 Answers ]

Greetings, I am remodeling my house and have just finished roughing in a new bathroom. I am at the point now where I'm ready to extend the stack through the roof. I'm trying to figure out how high the stack needs to be. I seem to remember that the proper stack height was reached by using...

Can I install a dryer vent [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a condo. It came with a "washer/dryer" unit, but one of the European kinds that is both a washer and dryer in one unit... needless to say it doesn't work. So, I have a washer hookup but need a dryer vent so that I can buy a real dryer and washer. The set-up is in a closet that is...

Dryer Vent [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a dryer vent in an apartment and the ideal location on the outside of the building is 80' from the dryer. Is it an issue having an 80' dryer vent flex duct?

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

Dryer Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Why doesn't the water evaporate in my dryer vent?

View more questions Search