Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadguy73 Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Aug 21, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    What are you talking about? Why are you telling someone to get plastic surgery? And yes there are "nerdy" girls.

If girls arent nice to you, maybe its your attitude? The weirdest kids i know have girl friends and are very happy together.
    I'm starting to think there are 2 kinds of women. The kind that can get most guys they want and will tell a nerdy guy straight up he ain't good enough or the 2nd kind of woman who can't get the guys she wants so then pretends to like the geeky guys so she won't have to live alone with her cats.

Women don't like geeks. I know. I am one. Born one. Lived it. The truth I've learned is pretty hard but it's true. Read Darwin. I didn't want to believe he had it right, but he did get it right.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadguy73
    I'm starting to think there are 2 kinds of women. The kind that can get most guys they want and will tell a nerdy guy straight up he ain't good enough or the 2nd kind of woman who can't get the guys she wants so then pretends to like the geeky guys so she won't have to live alone with her cats.

Women don't like geeks. I know. I am one. Born one. Lived it. The truth I've learned is pretty hard but it's true. Read Darwin. I didn't want to believe he had it right, but he did get it right.

And I think there are two kinds of men - the desperate and the not desperate.

And then there are several categories under those two main categories.

You remind me of the men who come over, ask a woman if he can buy her a drink, she says, "No, thank you" because she can either buy her own drinks and would prefer that OR at the moment doesn't feel like another drink and he goes off about "I'll bet you'd go out with me if I were richer/more handsome/better employed."

The answer is, "I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last man on Earth because your personality stinks."

My all time favorite is, "I'll bet you think I'm not good enough for you." The answer is, "Well, if I didn't before, I sure do now."
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadguy73
    From my experience, no girls are into geek stuff. If you haven't gotten anyone to like you by the time you're 22, then start saving for plastic surgery and stuff because women won't even truly like a geek for who he is. Trust me. Took until I'm 35 to finally see that women aren't nice and they aren't into geeks, period.

If all women treat you this same way and you've come to the conclusion that ALL women aren't nice, maybe you should try a different class of women.

What is your specific "geek" problem? The way you dress, the way you act, the way you talk, your interests?

I have found that really attractive women know how shallow it all can be and sort of "go for" men with more substance.
    spop Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Sep 10, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    If all women treat you this same way and you've come to the conclusion that ALL women aren't nice, maybe you should try a different class of women.

What is your specific "geek" problem? The way you dress, the way you act, the way you talk, your interests?

I have found that really attractive women know how shallow it all can be and sort of "go for" men with more substance.
    In order of rank:

#1- The way I act.
    #2- My interests.
    #3- The way I talk.
    #4 - The way I dress.
    Also the way I walk.
    7Arwen Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Oct 27, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If all women treat you this same way and you've come to the conclusion that ALL women aren't nice, maybe you've met rude women. Not all of us are like that. ;)

I'm not a nerd, but I like a nerd. I'm still in high school, and its true that attractive girls like guys that aren't shallow. If you're trying too hard, it shows that you're too concerned with what other people think, which causes women to think you're superficial. Take it easy.
    Don't show off your intellect- bad show. Be humble about your genius.

If you're good on the inside, let women like you for who they are. Don't go chasing- we are tortured when you guys pay no attention to us... because nerds are such intellects which makes you attractive.

However, if the fashion isn't good... work on it. It doesn't have to be expensive, just fashionable and clean. Check out Korean guy fashion- its hot (im not korean, btw)
    zurai Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 11:45 PM

I would like to ask your guysis hlp I'm a high school nerd and I really want to ask the girl out but I'm a fat geeky nerd
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zurai View Post
    i would like to ask ur guysis hlp im a high school nerd and i really wanna ask the girl out but im a fat geeky nerd

I think everything that has been posted before still applies -

Please only post your question once.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I think everything that has been posted before still applies -

Please only post your question once.
    They were piggy backing their question but yes the other replies still apply.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    They were piggy backing their question but yes the other replies still apply.

I don't know how you'd separate these two threads - piggybacked and asked somewhere else.
    chls_gvs_g8_adv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 06:01 PM
    Ok, so I didn't take the time to read ALL OF THESE but from what I have already read, this is all B.S. if you are a so called nerd, then you don't need to CHANGE WHO YOU ARE. Honestly, yes , it is about looks this day and age. You should probably change some of the ways you dress. Hair cuts even. Try some Cologne. It doesn't have to be super expensive. For example. Plato's Closet is a WONDERFUL source for great clothes that are cheap. Axe is a great Cologne for boys. Look at the IN hair cuts and maybe match up to them. The point is DON'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE unless that's what you want. Don't fit others needs and wants first. Only take these advises if you are willing. But ion the end it will turn out bad for you.. So change everything, but don't change who you are. I am a 16 year old girl in a very judgmental school, I happen to be in the more popular clique you could say. But as far as I'm concerned, if some nerd boy was taking these advises, I would not be game and neither would anyone else. Always stay you, because who cares about school, it's purpose is for you to learn and get into colleges to then get a great career, THEN that's when you find the "one for you". When you find that person he or she will LOVE you for who you are. The way you dress, the way you act etc. I know this sounds stupid and blah like you're parents tell you but when it comes down to it, it's the truth. And for you people who told this person to change everything about themselves, then you have nothing going for you. I understand you were trying to help but that is stereo type b.s.
    Good luck darling, and I really hope the best for you.
    If you ever need any kind of REAL advise don't be too scared to email me at [email protected]. Or add me on Facebook. Just email for my info.
    Best of luck
    <3 Chels
    chls_gvs_g8_adv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 06:01 PM
    Ok, so I didn't take the time to read ALL OF THESE but from what I have already read, this is all B.S. if you are a so called nerd, then you don't need to CHANGE WHO YOU ARE. Honestly, yes , it is about looks this day and age. You should probably change some of the ways you dress. Hair cuts even. Try some Cologne. It doesn't have to be super expensive. For example. Plato's Closet is a WONDERFUL source for great clothes that are cheap. Axe is a great Cologne for boys. Look at the IN hair cuts and maybe match up to them. The point is DON'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE unless that's what you want. Don't fit others needs and wants first. Only take these advises if you are willing. But ion the end it will turn out bad for you.. So change everything, but don't change who you are. I am a 16 year old girl in a very judgmental school, I happen to be in the more popular clique you could say. But as far as I'm concerned, if some nerd boy was taking these advises, I would not be game and neither would anyone else. Always stay you, because who cares about school, it's purpose is for you to learn and get into colleges to then get a great career, THEN that's when you find the "one for you". When you find that person he or she will LOVE you for who you are. The way you dress, the way you act etc. I know this sounds stupid and blah like you're parents tell you but when it comes down to it, it's the truth. And for you people who told this person to change everything about themselves, then you have nothing going for you. I understand you were trying to help but that is stereo type b.s.
    Good luck darling, and I really hope the best for you.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2010, 06:24 PM
    You should have taken the time - this is from 2008, OP has never been back.

You should also read AMHD rules - you cannot post an email or Facebook address.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 06:40 PM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it true that if a guy does a head-turn, does that mean he likes me? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I have a concern about my current crush and wanted some advice. First of all, I will tell you what happened, so you can have a better idea where this is all coming from and get better results this way. First Situation: It all started on Friday (Feb. 16 2007),...

If you get this joke, you're a GEEK! [ 24 Answers ]

If you get this joke, you are a Geek and you should be darn proud of it! Check out this doormat: http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/noplacelike_mat.jpg (If you don't get it, Google it :) )

Pressure wash guy turn house green [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home with hardiplank siding. Hired a guy to pressure wash the house and he used bleach and changed it green. I was wondering what I the proper way to repaint the house. Does it need to be recaulked and sealed again or can it be just primed and repainted?

I want to Be A Film Geek [ 7 Answers ]

Lookin' for recommendations of lesser known movies that are: experimental, odd, insanely brilliant, etc. Also, what are some good Japanese horror films, and where can I get them?

View more questions Search