Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnybunni Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Thanks, ladies. I really appriciate the information and advice.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
    I've read this thread and am very curious to know what the "harassing" male has going with the dentist, that the dentist doesn't want to be bothered with this situation. Is the ethnicity a concern, that the dentist would feel racist if he took charge and disciplined the man, even verbally? Is the dentist really just unconcerned about how his staff gets along? Also, of the rest of the staff, how many would line up on the male's side and how many on sunnibunni's? Of those on the male's side, do they say/think there's no problem, or that sunnibunni is overreacting? Or am I arriving too late for the party?

Jul 28, 2007, 03:23 PM
    To explain further for Wondergirl:

The dentist has been working on another business venture for several years that has to do with self defense and the brain. It's absurd, because he will change the "program" to sell it to any organization he can think of, but no one wants to sponsor him or give him money to market it. The harassing male has worked with the dentist on and off with this other venture over the years.

The other venture also explains the preoccupation and little attention he's been giving to the workplace environment.

The other employees know what is going on. It is no secret that he is lazy and a huge jerk. I once was told that I should just learn to live with it, and that he can't work as efficiently as I because he is a man and they can't multi-task (I know, since when does being a guy get you out of doing your job?) They are concerned about how the staff gets along in terms of not having to deal with any problems. It seems that they don't even want to know about it.

There are 2 office managers, both female. They once were on my side, but would tell me that they can't fire him because they don't want him to sit at home collecting unemployment, and they were waiting for him to quit. I didn't believe them, though, it just sounded weird to me.

My closest coworker is the hygienist, and she can't stand him either. But she doesn't want to make any waves with documentation or complaints because the job market for her profession is really bad right now and she is afraid that either she could lose her job, or that the higher ups would make things hard on her.

I really did like Xeno's suggestions, of documenting everything and finding a better place to work. I will miss my patients, but I've been thinking about this a lot and it is making me miserable, I'm going to have to sacrifice that. That way I can report him and the office. I just wish I didn't have to take it that far. I wish they knew that this could happen to them, and take care of the problem so we can all have a healthy, friendly work environment.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
    You're doing the right thing. You do not deserve to be treated so horribly and frankly, they do deserve to be reported. Best Wishes and let us know if anything new happens.:)

Jul 29, 2007, 11:04 AM
    I really appriciate all the advice and reassurance. Sometimes in situations like this you start to feel as if it's you who is wrong/has the problem.

Sep 26, 2007, 05:55 PM
    I've got an update since I posted about this problem at my place of employment, and I wanted to let everyone know and thank you for all your motivating words!

Xenosapien, GlindaofOz, CanadaSweety, and Wondergirl:

I have found a new job and it is at my ideal office that I had dreamed about for a long time. I put in my notice on Monday! I am so excited. The situation was getting worse and worse, this happened right in the nick of time.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 05:56 PM
    AWESOME! I'm so glad to hear that. I hope this new job is everything you want. Good luck!

Sep 26, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Yay, sunnybunni!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telecommunication harassment Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend's ex girlfriend, calls me, sends me text messages, and emails me. I don't want any contact with her. I don't want to change my number unless I have to. I have saved every text message and email that she has sent me. She also assulted me I filed a police report but charges were...

Harassment /slander [ 1 Answers ]

I had a magazine write a story from my estranged husband, which was all lies, and I'm in court matters with ref him divorce/ injunctions and they gave all my details out in the magazine wher I lived my name pictures! They did not get in contact with myself1 to get my side of anything I feel I'm in...

Sexual harassment [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for my employer over 3 months now and I am tired of the sexual harassment that I get from a couple of employees.It is affecting my job and I really don't like working there any more but I am kind of stuck.If I left,it would be very hard for them to replace me.Should I file charges...

Neighbor harassment [ 2 Answers ]

In a case of credit card debt, when the account has gone to a collection agency, is it legal for them to call the owner of the account's neighbors and discuss the account,etc. with them,on the pretense of being unable to make contact? If not, who can this be reported to?

Sexual harassment [ 21 Answers ]

I have the following question. There was a VOLUNTARY christmas party for the employees of the store I work at and we were not on the timeclock as attendees. One of the supervisors got drunk, and while joking put his hand on the knee of one of the girls he surpervises. He has now been put on a...

View more questions Search