Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andyb43 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2005, 05:16 PM
    Depressed dog
    I have had my dog for about 2 years, he is a labrador crossed with a staff, and is usually a happy dog. Recently my little bro bought a kitten, since the kitten has been in the house, the dog seems sort of depressed. I know it sounds stupid, but when I look at his, he just looks really sad. I've given him his usual amount of attention, in an attempt to make him not feel pushed out, but it doesn't work. Any advice?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2005, 07:55 PM
    A top dog, or the top doog's little bro have the right to bring a kitten into the den. The rest of the pack need to get over it. The dogs see all the
    People and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in
    The pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members
    Outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by
    Reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class
    Or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with
    A treat. Start at http://www.dogsbestfriend.com/. The obedience training will be a good way of making sure he is getting the attention he needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I help depressed boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriends just been put on anti-depressants for the first time in over relationship (7months) he's been on them before but not around me. I want to help him and I do love him, I just want to know if there anything practical I can do apart form being there for him? :confused: or if anyone knows...

Please help me very depressed! [ 11 Answers ]

Believe this it's the short version but doesn't appear that way: Adult son moved away and did not come and say goodbye to me. He has never done this to me ever. And he has moved away from here many times before. I would not lend him money this time! He is a son from my first marriage. No other...

Can puppies be depressed? [ 5 Answers ]

Well, I have been having a lot of problems with my little Daschund in the past few days. He hides under the coach from my fiancée, and even though he still climbes in my lap, he won't let me pick him up. He seems really depressed. He won't eat sometimes. I called the breeder and let him know that...

View more questions Search