Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr.Question Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flcn_69 View Post
    i just got a grand larceny class c i never stole from my company or anything like that or even customers but it did happen. right now i am sorting trash 12 hours a day at a plant. i can't do that forever what college degrees are profitable with a felony record? oh i am 19 now
    __________________________________________________ ______
    I am a convicted felony at the age of 16. Waived into adult court after turning 18. Now I am over 30yrs old. Graduated High school & then graduated college with my BA in Business Administration.

First job out of college I was a stock broker (had to pass my series 7)! Now what was that again? Yes... I was able to find a job in the financial markets and sell investment securites as a convicted felon!

Fastforward, I now am in the insurance industry selling all lines of insurance such as health, business, home, auto and life.

Bottom line: For all you convicted fellons out there have faith, hope, hustle and get that career you want. Yes it will be HARD (I won't go into the struggles I went through to get the jobs) but HUSTLE, HUSTLE, HUSTLE just like everyone else out there to get what you want. The difference between you and your next guy is he has a clean record so you must fight harder than everyone else!

For the nay-sayers, you don't know what your talking about because I was able to get into these doors!

Good Luck my fellow friends and just have HOPE & HUSTLE!

:)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Question View Post
    __________________________________________________ ______
    I am a convicted felony at the age of 16. Waived into adult court after turning 18. Now I am over 30yrs old. Graduated High school & then graduated college with my BA in Business Administration.

First job out of college I was a stock broker (had to pass my series 7)! Now what was that again? Yes...I was able to find a job in the financial markets and sell investment securites as a convicted felon!

Fastforward, I now am in the insurance industry selling all lines of insurance such as health, business, home, auto and life.

Bottom line: For all you convicted fellons out there have faith, hope, hustle and get that career you want. Yes it will be HARD (I wont go into the struggles I went throught to get the jobs) but HUSTLE, HUSTLE, HUSTLE just like everyone else out there to get what you want. The difference between you and your next guy is he has a clean record so you must fight harder than everyone else!

For the nay-sayers, you dont know what your talking about because I was able to get into these doors!

Good Luck my fellow friends and just have HOPE & HUSTLE!

:)
    I don't see that anyone said you can't be a financial advisor, stockbroker, insurance salesperson with a felony conviction. There are professions which will not license a convicted felon, of course.

I don't think any "nay sayers" addressed your occupation.

I agree with the "hope and hustle" advice; however, hoping and hustling will not help if you, for example, would want to practice medicine. At some point, hopefully before spending time and money preparing for a certain profession, felons have to be realistic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A felon who wants to travel [ 18 Answers ]

I am a felon. I did HARD time in the Illinois penal system for being a middle man in a drug deal! I was told I had to pay my debt to society, this debt cost me 7 years of my life! I'm thinking I'm all paid up. But this my friends is the debt that is never paid! I am older and wiser now but still...

Can a felon go to the uk [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were planing to go to london for my b day next year I was wondering if conficted felons can go to the uk

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Felon who needs work [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way I can get CDL traing at a truck driving school? In MI

Felon wants to travel [ 2 Answers ]

I want to travel to Panama from the U.S. would I be able to apply for a passport with a felony and an fbi number

View more questions Search