Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadefoy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 10:23 AM
    No spreadsheet
    I have a new computer with windows vista. There is no spreadsheet with it like there used to be on computers. Is there a free way to get a spreadsheet system in my computer. I use spreadsheets some but not enough for me to buy anything to get it to work.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Aug 1, 2007, 01:11 AM
    Microsoft operating systems don't come with spreadsheet applications. SOME computer vendors include such software as an additional incentive for you to purchase the computer system. This is an OPTION on the part of the computer retailer and is NOT by ANY means universal. Apparently you or someone you know enjoyed such an arrangement when you purchased an earlier computer.

Some retailers even install trial versions of software on computers which will only function for a few weeks. Some buyers don't realize the temporary nature of these trial versions and find themselves needing to make significant investments to purchase more durable versions in order to recover the data files they generated during the trial period.

You have the choice of purchasing an Office Suite like Microsoft Office or Microsoft Works, which include spreadsheet applications; using Google's web based spreadsheet application server OR downloading the free OpenOffice.org office suite
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 01:56 AM
    There is free download of Microsoft like office products, It is called OpenOffice. Download it here and Spreadsheet program is also included...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Most new PCs include Microsoft Works which includes a spreasheet. Otherwise OpenOffice is your best alternative.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Aug 2, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Open Office is a great way to go and best of all... it's free! The intervace is not quite as nice as Office but you'll get used to it.
    My folks bought a Dell which came with a trial version of WP and all of the sudden it ran out. Needless to say they weren't too thrilled and didn't want to drop $$$ on MS Office.
    Open Office will open up pretty much everything out there so you shouldn't have to worry about getting a file that you can't open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Excel spreadsheet changing numbers [ 4 Answers ]

I have a spreadsheet where I enter credit card numbers, 16 digits. One note, I have the field setup as a custom format, that displays in the custom format as ####-####-####-####. This way it automatically adds the 4 dashes. For some reason, it always changes the last digit to zero. For...

Excel Spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can get an Excel spreadsheet to open at start-up? Thanks!

Spreadsheet file [ 1 Answers ]

Can't locate the file SKU112.CAB got any ideas?

Microsoft works spreadsheet 8.5 [ 3 Answers ]

When I type data in a cell, on my old computer it used to automatically fill in the rest of the data but on my new computer which has Microsoft works spreadsheet 8.5. can I get this feature? And also can I get Microsoft works spreadsheet to find any duplicate information IE phone numbers that I...

Possible to link a spreadsheet 2 way [ 7 Answers ]

I know how to do a "one way" link in a spreadsheet. For example, if you change the value in A1, you can make it automatically change the value in A2 also. However, is there a way, if you change the value A2 that it will also change the value of A1? Thus, whichever you change, A1 or A2, will...

View more questions Search