Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucile Wheat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 09:43 AM
    What kind of sales taxes do I charge for different states and Provinces?
    I have an online store and am unable to find the answer to: What sales taxes to charge for all states and provinces?
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Aug 16, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucile Wheat
    I have an online store and am unable to find the answer to: What sales taxes to charge for all states and provinces?
    You only pay for online orders that are coming from your state or providence. If you live in FL and get an online order for CA, you do not collect tax. If you get an online order from FL you do, but only if it is a taxable item.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

States taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I never filed my 05 state taxes and I'm wondering if I can file both 05 and 06 taxes? I live in Virginia any help I would appericate

Spouse full time residents in separate states : states taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I got married in Dec 2006. He was a full time CA resident in 2006 and still lives there and got income only from CA. I was a fulltime Kentucky resident in 2006 and still live here and got my income only from KY. We can file federal taxes jointly. But what do we do for state...

How do e-commerce sites charge NY sales taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out how to charge sales taxes on an e-commerce site. I will be based in NY and be selling mainly gift items. I was told that I need to charge all orders being shipped to a NY address NY sales taxes based on the NYS County jurisdiction list Publication 718 (and not by zipcode)....

Which states I should file taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am an MBA student ( on F1 visa) in North Carolina, and did my internship in New York during summer last year. I stayed in New Jersey while doing my internship. I also have income from working in school as well. Now, which states am I required to file taxes. Can you recommend some easy sites...

Taxes for two States [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in US from 2004 on L1 visa, and last year my company filed a return for me.I was transferred from Helena,Montana to Minneapolis and I travelled on my car and took my things along with me. By what rate I can claim the transportation.What form should I use to claim the amount. I was...

View more questions Search