Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nick8439 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2005, 08:58 AM
    1979 ford pu
    Temature keeps climing gradually as I drive.have new water pump.I bypassed the heater.what causes it to heat up?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2005, 04:42 PM
    Keeps climing, stays cool, then just gradually climbs up, and doesn't drop back down, sounds like the thermostat has gone bad, they are actually very cheap to replace.
    nick8439 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 04:57 AM
    79 ford
    No thermostat in it
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2005, 12:46 PM
    It should have one... oh well, look for collapsed hoses, and also, whens the last time it had a good flush? May have a blockage... also it may have too much antifreeze to water ratio, the water is what actually cools it, antifreeze keeps it from freezing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1979 chevy pickup won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have 1979 chevy pickup that just won't start I replaced the clutch drove it a couple of days and I just won't start I have plenty of spark and gas getting to the plugs I have replaced everything in the distrubetor I just can't figure it out please help Thank you:confused:

My ford 2.3 in a 91 ranger [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys my problem is that I just swaped out a 2.3 for another 2.3 and when it runs it idles fine for a little bit then it seems like starts to miss then boggs out and dies and back fires like a cannon so bad it blew a brand new muffler out of round it kind of seems like it gets a rich smell of...

My 91 ford rager w/2.3 [ 1 Answers ]

Well my? Is I can start my 2.3 but only will run for a few seconds then dies and back fires every time when it idles it sounds like it is bogged down no pressure iscoming out of tale pipe what so ever when it dies it puffs out white/blue color smoke after the backfire it also takes a few seconds to...

1979 Accord... rpm's drop at 55mph [ 4 Answers ]

What is happening is when I drive the car and I go to 55 or higher the rpms drop to 0 and then when the car slows down to 50 it comes back on. We changed the coil but that did not fix the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

View more questions Search