Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 05:37 PM
    I'm glad to hear you are not stressing any longer.
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Sep 18, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Thanks Flossie,
    I am still not 100% satisified but it helped to know that without surgury my bottom jaw cannot be 100% perfect. I am not willing to undergo the knife to look perfect. Its barely noticeable and my bite is fine so I guess that's all that matters in the long run.
    LBshortstuff613 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Hi, I don't know if any of this will be of any help to you, but I am 15 years old. I got my braces at the age of 11 my 6th grade year and got them off at 13 2 years later. I have now had them off for about a year and a half and my teeth have almost stayed completely staright with a removable wire retainer. Now, due to the crowing of my lower front teeth I have to get a perminant retainer, but to answer your question yes, wearing ratainers does move your teeth into a straight posotion. I have gone weeks without wearing my reatiner, and once I brush it and stick it back on it's tight and hurts a little bit but it fits and moves my pearly whites back to wear they need to be. So hope that helps. Hope your go well and if you have any questions about your retainer let me know.
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Feb 2, 2008, 08:52 PM
    LBShort, thank you for your answer to my question. I have had my braces off for about 6 months now and I am loving life :) Everyone notices my smile and I am comfortable with my teeth now. I realized after seeing a few other orthodontists that my bottom jaw is crooked which can only be fixed by surgury. It is not noticeable but I know it is there. It also is not severe, and does not cause any problems. The surgury is not required, only if I want it for cosmetic purposes. No thank you :) Thanks everyone for their answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Had Braces Once, But Now. [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for two years, from 7th-9th grade. When I got them off, I never wore my retainers, so my teeth shifted. Thankfully, my orthodontist had periodic checkups later in my 9th grade year and this isnpired me to shove my retainers back in. For a few more months, this shoving them in every...

Herpst Device.orthodontist [ 5 Answers ]

My child had the herpst put in 9/06. SInce then the metal that goes around the tooth on the left side has loosened 5 times and has come off. My Ortho said in the 20 years he has been doing this he has never seen one loosen. Has anybody ever experienced this or am I alone with this? Why...

Can bad teeth cause misscarages [ 1 Answers ]

My teeth are braking off my gums are purple and bleed can this have caused the two misscarages that I have had

Braces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question can you drink beer.while having braces on? Thanks you

View more questions Search