Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Worst Movies of All Time
    Cal823 started an interesting thread about favorite movies. I made note of some I haven't seen and it was fun to see what people chose.

My question for you today is: What are the movies you believe are the worst? I don't mean kind of crappy or a bad adaptation of a book - I mean which movies do you feel like you lost part of your life to?

Two that come immediately to mind for me are:

Battlefield Earth and

Tarzan, the Ape Man

Please share your warnings, um I mean suggestions.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Alexander (the Great) with Colin Farrell took a big junk of my life but the popcorn was good, I just can't get over how bad he looked on that horse yelling 'on bucephalus! ' I liked the horse though.
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Jul 26, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Bridges of Madison County... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I'm sure the ladies will disagree on this one.

Dances with Wolves

Revenge.

Coyote Ugly.. Scenery was good the story was pathetic.

Out of Africa.. Same as above
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Legally Blode II (This was the stupidest movie ever!)

Boogyman

From Justin to Kelly

Anything with Steven Segal ;)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:36 AM
    The Blair Witch Project

The Blair Witch Project 2 (Dont ask me why I watched the second one, the first one was so terrible)

That Britney Spears movie Crossroads.

The Last Samurai... Borrrrring!

Epic Movie

Date Movie

All of the Scary Movies except the first one, that one was pretty funny.

One more, now nobody get offended! Promise? Lol.. ok... The Passion of the Christ. I'm sure it would have been an awesome story had I been able to watch it, I was spending the whole time reading the captions. :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Urban legend (shouldve known when our teen said it was great)... what a wasted rental

Wife hated requiem for a dream, but only because it just kept spiraling into depression and never got better.

I know there's more...
    cowardleelion Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Jul 26, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Pulp Fiction
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Ok... I don't think I deserved that disagree... lol! Please read the site rules bennterd ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Ok...I don't think I deserved that disagree...lol! Please read the site rules bennterd ;)
    I saved you! LOL.. yeah this is a topic where disagrees are kind of inappropriate :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
    I saw that; Thanks star!! :) ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    I saw that; Thanks star!!!! :) ;)
    No problemo ;)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 10:28 PM
    I absolutely love pulp fiction, but my wife hated reservior dogs (same director)... too much "mindless" violence for her... my only complaint is that it ruined "stuck in the middle with you" for me... sort of...

She also hated the kill bill duo, but, while it wasn't his best work, I thought it a fine mindless indulgence of a director who has made his money, albeit with non mainstream stuff, and now just wants to make whatever the hell he pleases. Kung fu spaghetti movie? Sure. He's got the cred.

But she hated the first and wouldn't watch the second kill bills.

On that note, I hated his "from dusk till dawn"... the only redeeming factor was salma's sexy dance on the table.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:04 AM
    One movie that immediately came to my mind, although it is older than those mentioned,
    My Dinner With Andre. Pretentious. Boooooooooooring.

When Harry Met Lloyd

Son of The Mask
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Jul 27, 2007, 08:29 AM
    The Royal Tenenbaums--me and my friend thought it was a complete waste of time & money since we saw it in theatres.

28 Days Later--my brother and I asked for our money back when we saw this in theatres, and we did get it back.

The Neverending Story III--I'm a HUGE fan of the first movie, and loved the second one, but this had nothing to do with the first two and was incredibly boring.

The Seed of Chucky--this movie was so ridiculous! I saw it with my brother and we both were like "what is this crap?!" We were hoping for a true Chucky horror flick, and it came out to be almost like a comedy. Worst of all the movies.
    vertygo Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Geek Maggot Bingo (even they admit, half way through, "it won't be getting any better")
    And (shudder) Reckless Kelly, god help us.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Harry potter and the philosopher's stone, OMG HOW BAD WAS THE ACTING IN THAT, and did anybody notice that harry didn't cast any spells in that film I mean come on
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 10:35 PM
    I think you mean Harry Potter and the Socerers Stone... I personally loved it. Captured the book well.
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Jul 30, 2007, 09:27 AM
    CATWOMAN! >>> it should have bin put down immediately!
    aspicco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
    The Royal Tannenbaums was OK... the movie he did before that one was better (Rushmore)
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Little Children - (If you haven't seen it NOTHING HAPPENS, I know this gets said a lot, but it's true the movie begins, there are a few interesting story lines but in the end everything goes back to the way it started)

The Wicker Man - It was so predictable what the ending would be.

The last Matrix movie - They could have done so much more with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 Best movies of all time [ 166 Answers ]

What are the 5 best movies you ever saw? Your 5 favourite movies, and why? For me, it would have to be The Shawshank redemption- a powerful movie, with a powerful message of freedom and stuff The Prestige- makes my head hurt, its so intricate and scary if you think about it too much On...

What Were Some f Your Best/Worst Experiences Ever? [ 53 Answers ]

Self explanatory don't you think? What are some of your experiences (recent ør not so recent) that were good, bad and ugly. Experiences with family ør friends ør pets... anything goes:)

Always settling for worst [ 6 Answers ]

I am an attractive, successful, educated and fun loving woman with a great personality. Yet I find that I am always settling for second best. Throughout my life (I am 29) I have been in relationships where they break up because the guy does something wrong (Cheating, verbal abuse, lies). I end up...

Caught At The Worst Time [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend came over last Sunday. We were playing around in my room for a little while, and by this I mean, wrestling. Before I knew it, he tackled me to the ground. We laughed as he held me down and I tried to "fight" him. As I laid there smiling, he kissed me. Right on that moment, my mother...

My worst fear... [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't written in a while, simply because I have felt horrible... I thought I was pregnant months ago, but ended up it was just a scare once again... well my worst fear has happened and I have just found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) so that means I am going to have a hard...

View more questions Search