Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lindsay1223 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Need opinions!
    Actually I don't know any of you , but stumbled across this site when I was reasearching having multiple cats. I am 21 years old and I live in a two bedroom apartement with my boyfriend . I grew up with animals , my father worked for the humane society and always felt the need to help as many as I could .
    I am not excessive and would never live uncomfortably , but I volunteer at our local shelter and they have given my name to a desperate shelter near by who have contacted me to adopt a really sweet siamese 6 month old female , they did this because I am so familiar with the breed, having had them my whole life.
    So here is my dilemma , I already have three cats, they are all great , sweet and loving. We have 2 boys (tucker and bear) and one female (ellie) my boyfriend although not AS driven about adopting needing animals is really supportive and said he was okay with it and would be honest if when she came and it proved to be too much . I am torn
    Would four cats in a two bedroom apartment be too much ? Financially we are definitely able to handle it, and time wise I give loads of time to my cats because I do love them so much , but am I crazy hahah, I need some outside opinions...
    Thanks
    Lindsay
    SilverRainMixedwTears Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay1223
    actually i don't know any of you , but stumbled across this site when i was reasearching having multiple cats. i am 21 years old and i live in a two bedroom apartement with my boyfriend . i grew up with animals , my father worked for the humane society and always felt the need to help as many as i could .
    i am not excessive and would never live uncomfortably , but i volunteer at our local shelter and they have given my name to a desperate shelter near by who have contacted me to adopt a really sweet siamese 6 month old female , they did this because i am so familiar with the breed, having had them my whole life.
    so here is my dilemma , i already have three cats, they are all great , sweet and loving. we have 2 boys (tucker and bear) and one female (ellie) my boyfriend although not AS driven about adopting needing animals is really supportive and said he was okay with it and would be honest if when she came and it proved to be too much . i am torn
    would four cats in a two bedroom apartment be too much ? financially we are definitely able to handle it, and time wise i give loads of time to my cats because i do love them so much , but am i crazy hahah, i need some outside opinions...
    thanks
    lindsay
    Can you foster the cat? For mabey a week or so? Then you'll be able to tell and if you can't handle it then you give her back to the shelter.. I know that's mean to send her back but Im sure there's another famly that would love to have her... I think you should because Im like you I LOVE ANIMALS I volentere at animal shelters all summer for the past 3 years... and I'v taken home two gunnipigs and two kittens that couldn't seem to get adopted.. My mom won't let me take anymore but I would in a heartbeat!

Jul 26, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Well that's what I am thinking , not to mention it is my boyfriends opinion that matters as well so I want him to feel it out , since he doesn't have that natural desire to help animals like I do . I am able to make the arrangement so that if it does not work out she will get a home.. I am just worried that people will be uncomfortable to come into my home with all these cats haahah therefore the need for some outside opinions hahaha
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:49 AM
    I have a large house and right now I have 2 cats of my own foster 2 and have 2 dogs& 3human kids and the daily strays that I seem to pick up. Yes sometimes my hubsand will say do not bring in more until that one goes. So I have to be respectful of him. A siamese cat should not be hard to adopt out. Maybe just foster her until her forever family comes along, if it is OK with your boyfriend. Btw the way your father should be proud of his you, he has done a very good job of passing his empathy on for animals. Most 21 year olds are not as responsible with animals. :)
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Jul 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
    You might want to check with your landlord about any limits they might have on the number of pets you can have. I'd hate to see you get attached to it and then get in trouble for having more pets than a lease allows.

Jul 27, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Thank you so much for your replies they really helped!! And actually I e-mailed the shelter today to let them know that I have decided that it would just be too much in our apartment , not to mention rationally we have three large rooms and three cats it's a perfect fit and they seem happy. I guess I just have to realize I can't save them all but I can do my part in other ways. Thank you Bushg that was a really nice comment ,I hope he is proud it's nice to have someone close who feels the same way I do... I think maybe that's why I struggle with whether we are ever going to have kids simply because of the way I have seen children act around animals.. haahah I hope I can mimic my parents hahh
    Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need as many opinions as possible! [ 7 Answers ]

I had posted a message on this site before because me & my boyfriend had fooled around & I thought there was a great possibility that I was pregnant (you may want to go back and read the whole story). I waited for about 2 weeks after my missed period and pregnancy symptoms started, and then finally...

Need some of your opinions! [ 2 Answers ]

So I have been seeing this girl... It started inocent enough and moved quickly to sexual. We were very cuddly and the sexual part was fantastic. She did tell me right from the start that she had just gotten out of a messy relationship with a guy that she moved across the country to be with. Now...

Any opinions ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I was kind of with this girl in the summber but we both went on vacation like she went on a week or seomthing. Day she came back I left for mine for 2 weeks than when I came back she left again.. so we started fighting and things changed. Didn't talk to her for awhile saw her around and saw...

Need opinions [ 2 Answers ]

My nephew has an outstanding warrant for drug use. He did not appear in court. His dad signed a 5000.00 surety bond and he did not appear. Since the first incident my sisters home has been raided once again. They did not find my nephew there. They did arrest his dad (my brotherinlaw) for stolen...

Your Opinions Wanted [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, A person asked this question at another question/answer websie: Sometimes my toshiba laptop slows down at any program I'm using. I go into Task Mangager and then under the Processes tab it shows 100% usage at the bottom of it so I have to reboot the PC to run normal. Why does it do this? ...

View more questions Search