Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrainwat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Treated lumber
    How soon can I paint stained lumber? And could I used screws or nails on treated lumber?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 10:09 PM
    It is best to wait at least one year before painting treated lumber. And you can use nails or screws, the screws may be a little higher, but hold a lot better.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 12, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Hard To Say How Long The Treated Lumber Has Set In Storage At The Lumber Yard Before You Buy It, My Advise Is As Long As It Isn't Green And Damp, Stain It,and Seal It,
    If The Sun Beats Down On Your Deck For A Year Untreated, Don't Bother Treating It, Its To Late.
    I Built A Deck On My Personal House 2 Days Ago, By The End Of The Week It Will Be Sealed.
    Just Pay Attention To The Lumber That Is Really Green, Most Of What You'll Buy Has Already Sat For A While, Just Keep That In Mind

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making a girder from 2X12 lumber [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to build a 24 X 26, gable entry, 2 car (double door) garage with a 12/12 roof pitch so I can use the loft area for a studio. My idea was to run a 26 foot girder down the center to support the ceiling joists. My question is, if I make a girder by sandwiching 2 X 12 lumber, "what is the...

Am I being treated fairly? [ 1 Answers ]

Since January this year ive been getting very close to a really nice boy. I bet you're thinking 'she fancies him' or w.e. But actually i don't, he sees me as his best friend and i feel the same. In January id had a stressful time with an ex boyfriend and i was often depressed and crying. He...

Name of lumber sizes [ 4 Answers ]

What would a piece of lumber the following sizes normally be referred to in the industry? a. 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" x 92.5" fir b. 1" x 5-1/2" cedar

Treated Unfairly [ 3 Answers ]

I saw an ad for a roommate and I got the room. After six months, the roommate felt she can afford the rent on her own and wrote me a letter to move out in 30 days. I have never been late with the rent and now it is so hard to get a room and start moving out. She never told me I was there for just...

Painting Treated Lumber [ 2 Answers ]

How long should you wait before you paint or stain treated lumber??

View more questions Search