Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley_jade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Good day.:)
    After I log-on to my user account this message pop-up "C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe cannot be located. Please specify a specific location at the Search button".
    After I click the Ok button, the toolbar "Run" was deleted. However, if I log-in in a different user, the "Run" toolbar is present but I can't run the "msconfig"? What shall I do?

Good day.:)
    After I log-on to my user account this message pop-up "C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe cannot be located. Please specify a specific location at the Search button".
    After I click the Ok button, the toolbar "Run" was deleted. However, if I log-in in a different user, the "Run" toolbar is present but I can't run the "msconfig"? What shall I do? I scan my computer using a updated Symantec Anti Virus but there is no virus found.
    jocafer13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2007, 05:44 AM
    I got this from "http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/isass/"

Windows errors related to isass.exe ?
    Isass.exe is registered as the Optix.Pro virus which carries in it's payload, the ability to disable firewalls and local security protections, and a backdoor capability. Check that isass.exe is stable on your computer.

Recommendation for isass.exe:
    DISABLE AND REMOVE isass.exe IMMEDIATELY. This process is most likely a virus or trojan. It is highly recommended to Run a Free Performance Scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings.

VERY IMPORTANT!
    Determining whether isass.exe is a virus or a legitimate Windows process depends on the directory location it executes or runs from.

I have a suggestion on how to disable this virus:
    1.)First, configure the folder options to view the hidden files to also see if the virus has a backup file.
    2.)If you see a backup, uncheck 'hidden' in the Properties it if it is hidden so you can rename it(including the original virus file) and then restart your computer. It should be disabled by then.
    3.)Now you can delete the virus normally.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 05:56 AM
    She asked about "lsass.exe" not "isass.exe"

Lsass is a valid Windows service: lsass.exe Windows process - What is it?
    jocafer13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2007, 06:14 AM
    I tried to search for Isass.exe but it shows the smaller isass.exe
    naag Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Lsass.exe contains a Lower Case "L", not an upper case "i"

The one with the Lower Case "L" is a valid system process.

The one with any case "i" is a VIRUS

Quote Originally Posted by jocafer13
    I got this from "http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/isass/"

Windows errors related to isass.exe ?
    isass.exe is registered as the Optix.Pro virus which carries in it's payload, the ability to disable firewalls and local security protections, and a backdoor capability. Check that isass.exe is stable on your computer.

Recommendation for isass.exe:
    DISABLE AND REMOVE isass.exe IMMEDIATELY. This process is most likely a virus or trojan. It is highly recommended to Run a Free Performance Scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings.

VERY IMPORTANT!
    Determining whether isass.exe is a virus or a legitimate Windows process depends on the directory location it executes or runs from.

I have a suggestion on how to disable this virus:
    1.)First, configure the folder options to view the hidden files to also see if the virus has a backup file.
    2.)If you see a backup, uncheck 'hidden' in the Properties it if it is hidden so you can rename it(including the original virus file) and then restart your computer. It should be disabled by then.
    3.)Now you can delete the virus normally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virus in Hosts File inside Windows System32 folder [ 25 Answers ]

I have a virus in C:\\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts I'm using AVG free edition. I've put the file in the virus vault, it says it's possible to heal the file except that there isn't enough info to do so. Any ideas of what I should do?

"dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a...

Is cmd.exe under lsass.exe a Virus [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a problem that my internet, now a days, is working very slow. I think I''ve got some viruses in my computer and for that I have installed MCAFEE antivirus and its completely up to date. But still the problem ain't solved. while looking into the Process Exdplorer, I saw that the cmd.exe...

Word, "requesting virus scan" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Running Word, Office 2000, on Win XP, when we attempt to load a file from any disk, we get the hourglass icon, the Word message "Requesting Virus scan", and no progress from there. Our Virus scanner is ESET/Nod32. This is a new installation, with SP2 updates, the previous installation of the...

"services.exe" loading up to 100% [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there I reinstalled xp sp2 on my machine and everything was working perfectly until I upgraded firmware for my CDRW/DVDRW drive When I restarted my machine I had a message in tray, saying me that windows have found a new CD/DVD drive. That whould be OK, but then services.exe loads up to...

View more questions Search