Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgomez5710 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Sewer end cap ejects?
    I just bought a house and while I was doing some yard work in the front, I noticed a partially uncovered plastic lid on a plastic pipe. It had a whole bunch of toilet paper around it but I never noticed it as it was under a large bush. At first, I didn't know what it was, so I just placed the cap back on. Everyday, I came out to check it and the cap was still on. After a couple of months, I noticed again, the cap ejected. This time, it had a whole bunch of water close to the top of this pipe.

What causes this pipe lid to eject? Is water suppose to go up to the cap (top of the pipe)?

The only thing I noticed lately was that the toilet bowl water was low. After a couple of flushes, it came back to level.

Any help and advice is appreciated.
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Jul 26, 2007, 03:48 AM
    This is a sewer cleanout.
    You have blocked sewer line past the cleanout causing it to back up to the top of the cleanout.

You will have to get the line augered out to clear the blockage.
    Check with the sewer authority in your area to see if they will clear the blockage and if not call a plumber.
    jgomez5710 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Thanks for the info. Calling my utilities company and then most likely a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken 297
    This is a sewer cleanout.
    You have blocked sewer line past the cleanout causing it to back up to the top of the cleanout.

You will have to get the line augered out to clear the blockage.
    Check with the sewer authority in your area to see if they will clear the blockage and if not call a plumber.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cradle Cap [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, one more question. My 2 month old has cradle cap. I don't know how to treat it because my 2 year old never had it. Do I need to take him to the doctor or is there something I can do to fix it from home?

How to cap off a shower [ 2 Answers ]

In my bathroom I have a shower and tub separate. I want to put a wall at the end of the tub and add the shower with the tub. With the existing shower I need to cap of the pipes what are the steps and materials to do this?

How soon is the H1-B cap to expire? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told by lawyers that the H1-B quota will expire the same day it is going to open i.e. April 2nd. I asked what if my application reaches on 3rd April. Will I not be able to meet the cap? Please help.:mad:

Amp and cap need help! [ 2 Answers ]

So I have a 20 farad cap hooked up through a 4000 watt amp, which in turn is connected to a 12 inch audiobahn immortal sub. I have all of it connected, the problem is that sometimes the amp will be on, other times it won't. And the cap makes a whining sound that increases while the positive is...

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

View more questions Search