Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Jul 26, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Anyone for cloning?
    Yes, cloning is illegal, but if it were to be legalised, who would, or would not be against it being legalised, and why? (or why not)
    PlatonicInsanity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 12:14 PM
    If cloning were legalized.. well there'd have to be a good reason for it. So far no cloning experiments have worked well - yes they can clone an animal and what not but it dies pretty quickly compared to the original life span it should have had. I guess I'm against it unless there's a good enough reason that we'd need to have clones running around.

Jul 29, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Think of this, lets say, instead of a draft or what have you, they legalize cloning for the military and such, so that way, no one really loses a member of their family.
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Jul 29, 2007, 07:15 PM
    That's a good idea but what prevents those clones from wanting their own life.I say it would be too dangerous. Its like identity theft now... imagine a clone running around just like you actin' a fool.Or worse if those clones we create decide they want to work with our enemies rather than with us.:cool:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenovo
    Yes, cloning is illegal, but if it were to be legalised, who would, or would not be against it being legalised, and why? (or why not)
    Nope, and who are we to play God?

This is a very emotional and debatable subject. But I don't think it is our place to play God.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Some would argue J_9 that we play God every day in our emergency rooms and hospitals throughout the world. Just on a different level.

I agree that it is a very emotionally and debatable subject and one that isn't simple to address.

I certainly don't agree with it for the purpose of creating armies.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Skell, I have to totally agree with you on the ERs and hospitals around the world. Yeah, in a sense we do play God.

But to create a human in a test tube for reasons of creating armies, etc, it is my belief that it should not be done.

It is only my belief that cloning should not be done in any way shape or form.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:51 PM
    That's crazy, cloning for the military! What is the point? Pure insanity!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 09:58 PM
    I think illegal, Some things are just to damn weird and this is one of them. Hmm although another one of me might be nice.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Wow, cloning for the military is just inhumane! I don't think we will ever need to clone and if for some odd reason we had to, I would be 100% against it.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Well yea, think about it. Creating humans and then sending them to slaughter. If that ever happens, we need to change our government quick! They will clone cows and sheep for food soon. The same as GM corn and soy beans. We can't stop it.

Jul 30, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Wow, cloning for the military is just inhumane!.

True, it may be somewhat inhumane, but isn't going to war and killing for oil or what not just as inhumane? Couldn't you classify war as being just as inhumane as cloning people so no one really suffers a loss to the army, military, navy, what ever?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Ever seen the film 'the island' where people are cloned for body parts when the original becomes diseased or whatever I think that's a good enough reason to clone just keep them all in induced comas so they are not actually 'living' as such, and as in the film it would cost a lot so only the richest ofpeople would be able to afford a clone, so the government if they did clone for the army would not specficatly clone anybody they would mess with their DNA to make them more capable in battle conditions,e.g. higher stamina greater eyesight less independent thought, make it imune to poisons,theyd make it like a GM human, 'the perfect warrior' type being so technically it wouldn't be human, plus its unlikely because it would cost so much, much cheeper just to recuit people
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Cloning isn't a nice thought at all. What a very dangerous practice it is and could become if adopted by the wrong people. I see stem cell research as having merit. But complete human cloning. No thanks! That is too much!
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Skell you wuss
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    skell you wuss
    Haha! Funny! That isn't the first time I've been called a wuss. LOL!
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:44 PM
    So why the problem with full human cloning
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Cloning...... I think God would be angry that people created new life and would maybe smight said people. Something I would rather not tamper with:p
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Well just to address your argument the thought of cloning a super human to go to war / slaughter just doesn't sit well with me.

But then again I'm a wus. ;)

Why don't you have a problem?
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    Cloning...... I think God would be angry that people created new life and would maybe smight said people. Something I would rather not tamper with:p
    Its not creating a new life its more like copying the old one, oh and depends if you believe in god

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search