Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jumpshot22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Parents Divorcing, But 17 yr old wanting to move out of state
    I am 17 yrs old and my parents are getting a divorce. They agreed on join custody, but I want to move out of Indiana to Utah to live with family. I'm not sure if I'm old enough to be emanicipated but I want to live with my family in Utah. My father is not giving consent for me to move, but my mother agrees and says it fine. I pretty sure that both parents have to give consent. My father refuses to give consent because he has to pay child support, but its required by Indiana state law. Is there anyway I can move out to Utah without him giving consent? Any comments or advice would be helpful thanks much
    yaleoxford2nd Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Being emanicipated usully has to deal with things like taking care of yourself in case something happens. Most of the time the judge will say that you need a place to live and a steady job etc... But yes you are old enough to be emanicipated. *But I'm not sure if that is Indiana's state law (look that up). If you want to move to Utah, I believe that just one parent consent is all you need. After all my dad took me to California and it was just his consent and not my mom's she didn't want me too and they were also going through a divorce. *again I don't know Indiana's laws, states are different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents Divorcing & my little sister is in the mix. [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Britney NeSmith and I am a 20 year old college JR. I am the oldest I have a brother who is 17 and a little sister who is only 11. Recently my brother left home and now lives with some family friends. This change in our lives was very hard on us all but mostly on my Mom. While gogin...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

Parents not wanting to support or take care of child [ 1 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend, the father of my three year old, does not support my child or want to watch him at anytime for me even when my son asks him too. He still lives with his mom and his mom takes care of him when he is over there, not his father, he does other things instead. My son says he mostly...

Wanting to move after a divorce? [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I got divorced from someone that was verbally and mentally abusive. We have a child together that is not in school yet. I would love for our child to still maintain a relationship with ex-husband but I also want to move to another state. I want to better our life by starting in another...

View more questions Search