Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newawlinslady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Mscvp60.dll error
    Hi.
    I am on my laptop. I have a PC that I tried to get on after I got back from vacation.
    It starts to boot up, when an error comes up saying MSCVP60.dll was not found. The screen then goes black and will not go any further. Somebody please help. Oh, do have a black screen that says some things like I could have had a power outage, and options to start in different safe modes. I tried going into them and did not see any way to go further/
    Thanks
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jul 25, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by newawlinslady
    Hi.
    I am on my laptop. I have a PC that I tried to get on after I got back from vacation.
    It starts to boot up, when an error comes up saying MSCVP60.dll was not found. The screen then goes black and will not go any further. Somebody please help. Oh, do have a black screen that says some things like I could have had a power outage, and options to start in different safe modes. I tried going into them and did not see any way to go further/
    Thanks
    I think the problem is related to some Runtime components. You can download the files from the below Microsoft link.The Vcredist.exe , will replace/install the Msvcp60.dll with the latest version. Read the link for details!

You can self extact this download to a folder of your choice and then run the setup to
    Install the update files. Once completed, you can delete the contents from the folder.

Vcredist.exe installs the latest run-time components for Visual C++ applications
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Follow the instructions from Microsoft

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE printing error: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg error [ 15 Answers ]

I have seen about a dozen posts on different Web sites regarding this error. The most common fixes are related to an individual work station. We are experiencing this problem with our Web site and everyone accessing it is unable to print pages that are within frames. I tried the fixes on my...

Run dll error [ 9 Answers ]

Have a problem in my computer and I don't know how to resolve this on my own.. The dilemma is every time I start up my computer there's a small window that pops up and it says... "Error\loading V:\PRORAM~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\8.bin\MWSBAR.DLL" that's what it say I guess I deleted something that I don't...

Error Message about dll files [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP and this error message came up as soon as I tried to log on. The original 419 could not be located in the dynamic link library TER32.dll If anyone knows what this means I would appreciate a response. Thanks

Yimage.dll Error Message [ 13 Answers ]

I am working on a Win98SE box, 10G HD, 256 RAM, Compaq Presario 7360. When it boots, I am getting a "A required .DLL file YIMAGE.DLL was not found". How can I get this file back on?

Dll error [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to install SP1 for IE6, I get this ie6wzd.exe error-Entry Point Not Found-"The procedure entry point CoInternetGetSession could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll." I don't know how to make it right so that it will work.:confused:

View more questions Search