Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Laptop, blue screen, white lines then restarts
    For some reason, my laptop will get a blue screen with white scrambled, jerky
    Lines. The lines resemble text, but I can't tell.
    After this happens it will restart itself.
    It happens every now and then.
    Any clues?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Do you an anti-virus installed? Just make sure whether your VGA drivers are properly installed and that there is no virus on your laptop!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:58 AM
    I have Norton 360. The scan indicates that there is no viruses or threats.
    I'm afraid I don't know what VGA drivers are.

When it restarts itself, I get a message that windows can look for a solution, but it never comes up with one. It always comes back saying that there was no problems detected.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

Sherryj- I have had a very very similar problem to yours. As soon as I opened the box to my computer it would not start. In face it took me sever start up / shut downs to even get to the blue screen, and then after I got to the blue screen I would restart the computer one more time and then it...

TV with Blank screen and White squiggly lines [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I have a 7 year old TV that's generally been working fine. However recently the screen went dead and all you can see now are white/grey squiggly lines. The sound is fine. I've tried turning the power completely off then restarting the TV after several hours. The power comes on, the...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Blue screen [ 5 Answers ]

I get a blue screen when trying to reload windows. The following messages apears: Ntfs.sys - address f8172781 base at f8123000, datestamp 41107eea I cannot re-load windows or get past the blue screen.

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned off my dell inspiron b130 it was fine when I turned back on it states bad checksum. I can not access start up but I have tried to reboot and all other possibilities without any success . Do you have any suggestions this is a new laptop only about 8 months old I have had a compaq for...

View more questions Search