Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flow_girl Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Stolen Money
    Hey

My ex-boyfriend and I had been together for 8 months. However during that time he hadn't been working much. When food needed to be paid for and fuel, I paid for it. When he moved into his new place, I paid for the bed, sheets etc.

Problem is, I'm now in debt of $2000. Money that he owes me. Each time I paid for something e.g.. His bed he promised me with his word that he would pay me back. But since we've broken up, I've had no sign of it. He still has the bed too.

Is there anything I can do to get my money back? He still has the bed but I have the tax invoice for it. Problem again though, the bed only came to $475. Im desperate for money and need the other $1500. When I threatened to take him to court, he phoned and said that he'll give me back the bed. However I don't want the bed. I feel as though I'm entitled to the whole $2000 back, cash in hand and as mentioned the bed only covers 1/4 the amount that is owed to me.

I also have three people on hand, as witnesses who heard him state at the time that he would pay me back. What do I do? Im not asking for all of it back. The total was actually $4000. I just want at least half of it. Half that amount. $2000 was agreed upon and I dotn think its fair that his done this to me in the first place.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2007, 07:04 PM
    You will have to sue him and you will need to be able to prove the amount that you advanced him. But even if you won, how are you going to collect? Does he have a job?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

What artist sings "money money money" [ 5 Answers ]

I can't find the song "money money money" listed anywhere.(I think that's what the title is) I don't know the artist.

Stolen money and ring [ 1 Answers ]

In rreference to my question about my landlord stealing my money and engagement ring I was advised by a lawyer to send a demand letter to my exlandlord first. Do you think that is a good idea?

Stolen money [ 3 Answers ]

I had a friend who I helped out when he was in jail.I posted bail for him and later on he decided to jump bail and of course my money was lost because he didn't show up for court one day. Before he did all of this I let him barrow a lot of money, I mean a lot of money and he said he was going to...

View more questions Search