Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 25, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Ikea couch & chairs?
    My mother is in need of a living room couch and chairs on a SMALL budget. We have an Ikea nearby but I've never bought furniture there, so I'm not sure about quality, etc.

Thoughts?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Its pretty good stuff. I had couches and things from them that lasted for years. I wouldn't expect it to last forever but its good quality.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I agree Ikea sells quality stuff, but its not that inexpensive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Yes, there is nothing cheap about Ikea but they have good items, The one item of Ikea is a lot of their items are more easily movable.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 01:39 PM
    I just got Ikea cabinets put in my kitchen last week. They are fabulous.

If you are looking for economy, I would suggest the Salvation Army. You can find good stuff for very little there. The one in my town is very picky about what they will accept for resale.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Ikea has a clearance section for discontinued floor models, ask if the store has one when you walk in before going to the regular isles.

Just an idea if you on a budget and like ikea stuff, also try craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
    workcherrie Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo
    My mother is in need of a living room couch and chairs on a SMALL budget. We have an Ikea nearby but I've never bought furniture there, so I'm not sure about quality, etc.

Thoughts?
    I love Ikea but tend to check craigs list first too.
    simian Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Jul 25, 2007, 02:37 PM
    The quality at IKEA is generally pretty good, though it really depends on what you buy. Their furniture ranges from pretty basic to fairly high-end, so the more you pay, the better the quality will be.

However, I have had some of the cheaper furnniture for several years and it has held up very well, including several moves (on a side note, Ikea furniture is GREAT for moving, it is so easy to take apart and put back together).
    workcherrie Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 02:46 PM
    The only thing I don't like about ikea furniture is that it looks boring to me
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 26, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Thanks all!
    I'm an Ikea fan for sure... I beg my husband to take me constantly (its an hour drive minimum) I'm just never made any "big" purchases before but after your comments, I'll take my mom up.
    Plus, if she gets an apartment on the second floor (no elevator) it might be smart to buy things that need to be assembled rather than take an entire couch up ;)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Can I also suggest you check eBay too, we got two extreamly exspensive sofas for next to nothing a few months back its luck of the draw but great fun trying :D
    I know ikea beds are extreamly good and there kitchens good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixing Fabric Chairs with Leather Sofas [ 3 Answers ]

I am moving into a larger home, and my living room furniture (a leather sofa and leather chair) make the new space seem very empty. I was wandering what other pieces of furniture (e.g. chairs) that I should buy, and what type of material and pattern would go best with a deep brown (almost a little...

Leather chairs in sunlight [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a wood dining room table with full back brown leather chairs (real leather). My concern is that my dining room has large windows and direct sunlight comes into this room for most of the day. During the day the chairs get extremely warm to touch. Is this bad for them?...

Comfortable couch [ 2 Answers ]

How do you choose a comfortable couch? I purchased a big soft comfy couch in the store. After 1 month everyone in my house has a backache. This couch is very soft and has deep seats. I am changing it but am not sure if there is a formula for a comfortable couch that will remain comfortable long...

Office furniture - Computer Chairs [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for office furniture - Computer chairs and tables on rent in Noida. Please provide me the contact details. Thanks and regards.

Arranging chairs in a sitting room with too many doors. [ 1 Answers ]

My sitting room has too many doors and as such it is a bit difficult arranging the seats especially now that we need to fit in a TV and other furnitures. How do I solve this problem.

View more questions Search