Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scott2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Stinky sewer smell when using washer
    When using washer that drains to a tub there is a stinky sewer smell. I am not sure were it's coming from.
    mrhz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 06:43 AM
    This happened to me with my front load washer... there was an article of clothing (I think it was a sock) that was caught in the rubber gasket... it must have been there for some time... when I took it out, no more smell! Is there anywhere in your washer you can check to see if clothing is stuck? Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer smell [ 3 Answers ]

A sewer smell started coming from the bathroom sink drain. I put bleach down it and its OK for a few hours and then its back. Could my vent pipe on the roof be clogged? Help!

Sewer smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old house that was buit in 1950. When you run the water in the kitchen and bathroom a foul oder comes out of the sink drains. The kitchen and the rest of the plumbing in the house drains fine, I looked down the roof vent and I can see standing water at the bottom of the vent. Both...

Sewer smell [ 2 Answers ]

I have sewer odor on daily basis. I leave septic lid open and its not as bad but still there. Old type of sewer lines. 3 or 4 foot clay type. No water leaks anywhere. Is it possible that one of the joints could be leaking gases but not water? Is there any type of device to locate odor leak? Please...

Sewer smell [ 1 Answers ]

We have a sewer smell coming from the washer drain in the basement of our new home. It becomes most prominent when washing and then afterwards. The house is about 30 yrs old, two levels with the basement being mostly underground. We have also smelled the odor outside the house as we added a...

Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor,...

View more questions Search