Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaj675 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Puppy with worms
    I have a puppy that was born on may 4th. The previous owners said they took them to the vet and had their first shots and worming. I've only fed her puppy chow, no table food. I don't want to start begging when I'm eating. I've noticed that she has little white worms in her bowel movements. I purchased some worm medicine at walmart sargeant's brand a paste like stuff. I've only given her one treatment. Should I take her back to the vet.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 08:28 PM
    You might give what you have done a chance to work. I have heard bad things about OTC worm medicine. At her age, you should be at the vet's for shots before long, maybe over due. Take a stool sample and talk to the vet about the worms.
    kaj675 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 08:39 PM
    I gave her the treatment yesterday and her stool was full of little white worms. Today no visible worms. So I'm assuming it worked. My dad is one of the old school cowboys who knows all the old tricks, he's the one that told me to get some otc wormer but he told me to get it at the feed store in a syringe type thing. I'm not near a feed store so I tried walmart and hopefully this will work. Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog with worms [ 2 Answers ]

Some one "dumped" a dog on me. She is 2,she is not"fixed",she has not seen a vet since she was 9 mo.nor has she had any shots since than. She is skinny so I thougt she might have worms. I got some"hartz, Rid worm liq." and gave her the recommended dose two weeks ago. Today she had live worms...

My 9wk old puppy has worms [ 1 Answers ]

My puppy is 9wks old and has worms, I brought him to the vet today and they treated him with medicine. I am home with him now but he appears very very weak and its 12 hours later. He is not eating or drinking and is vomitting whatever he has in him, which is not much so a lot if just spitting up....

Worms [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter needs to know if worms are reptiles. I have no clue, so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time. :)

Worms [ 3 Answers ]

This is my first dog... I let her out her cage tonight and when she pooped, her poop had worms in it... where did it come from and I don't know I'm just grossed out... im taking her to the vet tomorrow... help!do anyone have any information?

Worms 1 With Xp [ 1 Answers ]

I just feel like playing Worms on my computer. Find back CD, install it without problems. Then I can't run it. Does anyone know how to run it with Windows XP?

View more questions Search