Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1639frazier Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Briggs 15.5 hp runs erratic at high speed
    Just rebuilt a briggs engine and it runs at low speed but loopes at high. I have rebuilt the carb. Adjusted the valves etc. It spits some through the carb. I set the valves at .006 in. and.008 ex.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2010, 03:09 PM

Sounds like you could still have a fuel problem on high jet.
    When one runs smooth at an idle and surges on high speed.main jet problem.
    Re check your valves check your manual I thought both were 004-006

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs 14.5 OHV Engine only runs when choked [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14.5 OHV Engine that will only run when fully choked. I am thinking this is a carb problem. I have taken carbs apart and cleaned them on smaller engines but the 14.5 looks a little harder. Can anyone give some tips on taking this thing apart and cleaning it. Does it sound like I am...

Briggs starts runs and dies and restarts [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a briggs model 310707 type 0137-e1 Code 020208ZE It starts, runs for a while then starts to sputter spit and sometimes backfire and quit After it quits it has spark but there seems to be a abundance of fuel in the top of the carburetor. It has a NIKI carburetor. It has a...

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

Briggs & Stratton 15hp runs rough at high speed. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tractor mover with a Briggs & Stratton 15hp, it runs good at lowest speed only, unless I put it at full speed and full choke, it backfire out the muffler and shuts down at any other speed. I ran through the carb, seems clean unless I missed something, the float was stuck and it would...

Briggs Only Runs While Priming [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old Craftsman mower with a Briggs & Stratton 6.0 that recently started acting up. It fires and starts when I prime it but I have to keep priming (one hand on the kill lever, one hand on the priming pump) to keep it running. This past Spring it had a similar problem but if I kept...

View more questions Search