Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxsamxx110 Posts: 104, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2007, 12:10 AM
    Thanks tpreyer. I tried talking to him last night but didn't do very well. He didn't tell me much at all and just said he had nothing to say. He also mentioned that he has topped up and texted the 'friend' and now is texting a lot in which I replied well it was always going to happen. I feel like I'm making all the effort. I go back to work on Monday so I won't see much of him and suggested we had a day out. He agreed and said just the two of us and he would think of somewhere and would sort iit. This also has not been mentioned. I have not seen him this week and when I last left his place it was because 'he ddidnt know what to do or say'.

How do I get him to talk?
    Get him to understand about the 'friend' and stop the secrets and texting?
    Any tips for making a distance relationship work?

Thanks
    smhuzain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxsamxx110
    well im sure some of you will have read my previous posts. anyway this is sort of carrying on. basically im having a few problems of my own e.g. very ill grandad in hospital. going back to work..

well me and my boyfriend havent as such been arguing but not getting on as well such as not talking much or seeing much of each other. well my problem is now that i dont know where i stand with him or how he see us as a couple. the other problem yet again is the 'friend'. my boyfriend knows how i feel. well she has stopped texting me etc and now only him. well this gets to me and i want it to stop but i know i can't decide who he can be friends with. it just makes me feel awful. its not like a one of text its constant texts all day most days. my boyfriend doesnt always reply but does sometimes. e.g. not had credit for a week or 2 and now tops it up and first to text is her and its none stop again.

i dont know how to deal with this without appearing to be the possessive jealous girlfriend. just feel left out and unsure of what to do. i love my boyfriend and i think he loves me. i do NOT want to end it i just want to get these things sorted. any advice much appricated. thanks
    Hey... Its Nothing to worry much you just have patience and wait for the right time its just becoz you plp are not getting on frequently... but yeah don't give him so much gap that he starts thinking that he is alone and you are avoiding him. In fact I'm also going hrough with the same phase..

Aug 30, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Should I text and ask him or try work out when we are meeting up next.

Aug 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Well I still haven't heard from him. He texted the 'friend' yesterday so I no he has credit. I just don't understand why he hasn't text me. I seem to always be the one making the effort. I don't know what to think.
    tpreyer Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2007, 09:32 AM
    I don't want to sound harsh but you guy's don't spend enough time together and it leaves
    Room for him to do other thing's, It seems like the distance has taken toll on your relationship. I think you should listen to your heart on this one since there's no way to be sure what he's doing, It doesn't seem that he's being honest with you and you can't force him to talk about it or be honest about it. I hope you two can work it out.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Hey its clear you are slightly insecure? Am I right/wrong? Leme know. Maybe its time to start worrying about you and your life rather than his.. Its hard but you may feel a weight of your shoulder. Its not your responsibility for what your BF does. Be strong and independent and pour your thoughts into something constructive instead of worrying about texting and other materialistic things. You may see him turn a leaf the more you start caring about you!

I know how horrible it is with relatives in hospital. I worked in the care industry for a short while and my Grandad passed away a few years ago from a terrible about of cancer on my sisters birthday and a final year maths exam! - Not good. I hope you get some quality time with him.

Aug 30, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Hi thanks everyone. Yes I'm very insecure and always have been. As my boyfriend puts it I have a shield around me. I worry about a lot of things, so much in fact I wish sometimes I could switch off and forget it all. I have tried to be independent and I haven't been texting etc. I don't know what to do sometimes as he has asked me to contact him everyday as he wants to know I'm thinking about him. Lol he to can be abit insecure but not as much as me. I know we don't get enough time together. I work all week and we live about an hour away. He also has a two year old son from a previous relationship which he has alternate weekends. I don't know what to suggest. Like I mentioned I have suggested a day for just the two of us and he agreed. I work 4 days and depending on what day they decide to give me off I was going to suggest we spend the day together each week. However he is meant to be going to college so I don't know how that would work. Any suggestions on how to find the time. I do spend time with him most weekends and when he has his son. I don't think he would cheat on me I just don't like the way the friend is with him and with me.
    My grandad is critical but stable after 7 heart attacks, they won't operate at the minute but we are all managing. Thanks again
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Have your day together, if things are back to normal perhaps he was having some problems of his own and didn't want to add to your worries. If things are still stressed try calmly asking him again if there is something going on. If he doesn't give you a satisfactory answer try talking to his 'friend' she might be less likely to hide something(she has less to lose) and depending on what she says try being her friend as well. You can never have too many friends.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 01:48 PM
    How far apart are you two, and how old are you?? LDR's are hard on mature healthy people, let alone, dealing with insecurities in one partner. How do you know how often he, and the friend text each other? Why aren't you texting him more, and then you can gauge much better where his intentions are. If your doing all the work in this relationship, that won't work for long.

Aug 30, 2007, 01:57 PM
    I'm 19 and he is 22. We live about an hour apart however I am the only one that drives. He will tell me sometimes if he texts and other times he lets things slip or I will be with him when she texts or she brags about it or sends me a text asking where he is and why he isn't replying. She was a mutual friend. We actually met through her. She has fancied my boyfriend for a while but he never felt that way about her. She also has a boyfriend and only the other day gave birth to their first child. She lives in scotland whereas we live in yorkshire. So theirs plenty of distance. The problem is that since we got together she has basically been putting me down and telling me how we won't last and he loves her etc but tells him the opposite and makes out that she a great mate to me. Well we haven't spoken for a while but she tries getting between me and my boyfriend. Unfortunately he doesn't see it and only sees her as being a great mate to me etc.
    Yeah he has said he's had a few days when he's felt depressed again. e.g. tonight he has gone off saying sorry he just feels c*** and depressed. He also suffers with panic attacks. I don't know if I should text him more or let him text me first. How to I tell what his intentions are?
    Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 02:47 PM
    You really need to talk, and get this back stabber from between you. She is more a problem than the distance. You have to let him know, her part in this, and if he is to dense to see the forrest, you should re evaluate his importance in your life.
    tpreyer Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2007, 04:52 PM
    I think your already doing the best you can and if you trust him there's nothing to worry about. You both are very busy but if you love each other it will last. Hope you grandfather pulls through god bless you.
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Regardless of trust her unrelenting hounding will become a stress factor and life has too many of those with out any help. Talk to your BF explain what is going on, if he stands by you great, if he argues that she wouldn't do such a thing, offer proof(if you still have texts on your phone)if he gets mad at you your far better off without him.

Aug 31, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Thanks everyone, well I haven't heard from him yet again. I know he has his son but thought he would at least send me a text. I have know idea when I will get to see him as I only have the weekend before I go back to work. He won't tell me if he wants to see me or when even though yesterday he told me he misses me loads. I don't know how to get rid of her, he doesn't see it and she denies it. She sends him something and I show him something but he doesn't see it all. I know we are busy but I'm making the effort why can't he meet me part way? Am I asking too much? Thanks

Sep 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Should I take my ex-boyfriend back?
    OK well basically my boyfriend finished with me a month ago saying we were too different and I was too quiet. Anyway we didn't really talk much in the last month. Maybe twice. Friday night he was talking to me online and has told me he thinks he has made a mistake and has been hinting it for a couple of weeks but was to chicken to tell me. He said he is sorry and hopes it isn't too late. Anyway he asked me to see him on Saturday which I did. He was all over me and said he was sorry. However he has made out to his family I agreed to get back with him. They are all happy and saying he was an idiot to finish it in the first place etc. later on when we got his son to sleep we talked, hugged, kissed etc and he asked me if this meant we were a couple. To this I replied I don't know. Anyway it was a nice day with him and he has asked me to see him on Wednesday (my day off) as he wants to take me out. I've agreed to this. We are talking online now. My problem is I don't know if I should go back out with him. I don't want to be hurt again and I'm not sure if he will think it gets boring and he will end it. As much as I love and care about him I want to know where I stand with him and that he is serious about us. He doesn't say he loves me much. But did say to his mum he is madly in love and didn't know what to do, and says I should know. Do you think he means it and will put the 110% into it that he said he would?

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Sep 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
    I would be worried that he only wants you back now because he was feeling lonely after the month apart. I guess you need to truly find out what his motives are, and decide if you want to possibly go through the breakup again. Ive never been against giving second chances myself, but it matters on what grounds you left each other at.

Sep 30, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Yeah that's one of the reasons. We were apart for about a week or 2 when he started saying that he had made mistakes but didn't tell me what he meant and avoided me. He had said to his mum 'im madly in love with her and I don't know what to do' and she basically said do something about it or u'll regret it and he told me. We split basically because he said we were too different, I'm too quiet, and he didn't see me enough. Well the plan he has come up with is he will come tue night and stay till thur morning and then have weekends together. Which sounds good to me but I just don't know if he is going to get bored and decide to end it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I think you should give him another chance. But keep it slow don't jump back into a full relationship and keep him wondering if you plan to. Just go out as good friends and build something solid on that. In the meantime talk with him about your differences and how the two of you can make it work.
    He probably just didn't know how to take you because it is difficult to know where someone who is quiet is coming from. For example, they can be thinking is she really interested in me? Is she that bored with me? Maybe she isn't interested in me? Why won't she open up to me? Is she just a boring person? And now that you have been apart he feels the emptiness of your not being their by his side.

Oct 1, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Well he was really sweet the other day but now I'm not sure. One minute he tells me how much he misses me and when I asked to text me he did but I don't feel he is making an effort. How do I tell him that if he wants us to work then he has to make an effort? So confused :(
    Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Is this the same b/f who has you going through a lot of drama and is a long distance from you or is this a different person? What has changed beside your mind, that will make things better??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Letting go of the past [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for 2 years and over time have come to find out things about his past that I cannot seem to deal with. First - he has 3 kids with 3 different mamas. First one he was 20 - mom was 18, second one he was 22 - mom was 15 (I think) and gave up child for adoption, third child...

Letting him down gently [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a really stupid situation. I separated from my partner of 6 years almost 2 years ago. I was devastated and knew I couldn't stay near him immediately following the break up so I worked abroad for a year and a half. Now I've moved back to where my ex is living (we have many mutual friends and...

Letting go and moving on [ 7 Answers ]

I'm ready to get over my ex. A part of me still wants to hold on to her and hold out hope that we'll be together again. But the truth is I can't stay in the place I am in any more. Maybe someday down the road we'll get back together again but I know I can't wait/depend on that. It still hurts that...

Letting Peircings Close Up? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my ears peirced, and the holes are on completely different spots on each earlobe. One hole is perfectly in the middle of my earlobe and the other is lower and closer to my head, in the fatter part of my lobe. Anyway, being a perfectionist, this bothers me a lot. The misplaced hole...

View more questions Search