Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tam_83 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Gravelling back yard
    Hi
    Just wondering can anyone tell me is 2 tonne of aggregate or gravel and a layer of hardcore enough enough to cover a 20 foot back yard?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2007, 10:07 PM
    20 foot square? Or 20 foot by what? Need to know the square footage and desired depth of gravel. Two tons seems like a lot, but two tons of gravel is not very much gravel.
    tam_83 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Hi Mowerman!

This job has already been done.. iv since learned that 2 toone is definitely not enough to cover a backyard of 24x25 sq F... learned da hard way!! Ended up needing at minimum 7 tonne and we'll still have to top it up in order to reach any significant depth! Thanks for trying to answer me though.. : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muddy back yard [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - my backyard drops down about 6 feet, into a valley (shared by all neighbors). This time of the year, as the snow melts, my lower backyard becomes a mud bath, and my dogs cannot go out without needing a shower every time. I have two questions: 1. Short-term - What can I do right now to...

Bees in back yard [ 9 Answers ]

We have a very young family with a 2 year old living in our rental house with a full backyard. They have called us recently because there is a newly formed bee hive in the backyard. They say they've been stung a few times and are very nervous that their 2 year old will get stung. We told them to...

Unidentified plumbing components in the back yard [ 2 Answers ]

I have attached an image of the "well" (for lack of a better description) in my pool house. I have asked three different pool companies what it is and none of them knew - so it must be a plumbing thing. We moved into this house 5 years ago. The well has never overflowed until this year. (Like...

Proper way to fill in hole in back yard [ 2 Answers ]

In Rear corner of backyard there is a 2 foot wide by 3 foot deep hole. This is probably caused by drainage to the lowest part of the yard as it slopes that way. What is a good temporary fix until next spring or later? What kind of kind of fill is appropriate and how should it be ...

View more questions Search