Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunmoon Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2007, 10:27 PM
    My lovely parents
    Hi all,

I just want to share my feelings to you. I have been brought up in a very happy way by my parents. They get me everything what I need. I got married recently and I find it very difficult leaving them and staying in my husband's house. My husband is not friendly to anyone. He is just money minded. He takes care of me very nicely sometimes and sometimes he is very rude to me. He is very inconsistent in everything..
    My problem is he is not giving respect to my parents who are really old and expecting kindness from him. He just ignores them. When they come to our house also he don't even invite them or talk to them. I get irritated a lot when he behaves like that. Initially he was nice only to my parents. One day he was scolding me for no reason and I told my parents about it. My father got angry and shouted at my husband. Later my husband asked sorry to me and convinced me. But he is still angry with my parents. My father asked sorry to him more than 2 or 3 times. Even then he is not getting convinced. I can understand how my parents feel because of his attitude. I know I can't do anything. I just pray God that everything should be okay.. and my husband should be nice to my parents... I get depressed a lot whenever I think about this. Please tell me what should I do
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 24, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Talk to him about it. Tell him how you feel. Let him know you love him that much and want a healthy and proud family.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 08:15 AM
    In Asian countries, this type of guy is making the largest mistake during his dating period!LOL:D

He just need to be more smarter, that's all. U can help him with it, be straight!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Here is where you went wrong: "one day he was scolding me for no reason and i told my parents about it." Never, never, never tell your parents about your married life unless your life is in danger. I know many Asian families, and this rule seems to be true for both Western and Asian marriages.

Just before I got married, my parents told me, "We will always be happy to see you and your husband, but we don't want to hear any negative talk from either of you about the other. You are adults now and must find ways to solve your own problems."

When your husband scolded you, it was your responsibility to talk only with him about it and to resolve any problem only with him. Please apologize to him and tell him you will respect your marriage vows from now on.
    sunmoon Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Thanks for all your replies. As wondergirl said, I should have tried to solve the problem myself. Anyway I'll see to that I never repeat this mistake.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 10:13 PM
    You deserve respect as well. Remember that it takes both of you to make this marriage a happy one. Good Luck and make sure that you let your parents know how much you appreciate them. You sound like a wonderful daughter.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Talk to your husband and keep everyone else out of your business. I am not sure about scolding a mate at all, as you are equals and must mutually respect each other. Children get scolded, adults communicate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't like my parents [ 15 Answers ]

:mad: I am a 13 year old who wants to let her parents who she hates them without actually telling them so I can finally tell them I what is in my head. What is the best approach?

Lovely nails [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys. I want big nails. What shoud I do to get bigger nails?

How to tell my parents? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 16 and kind of like this guy who used to be my classmate. However, I' m now shifting to a new school. His parents know about me and like me, but I haven't told my parents yet. They got to know about us before and told me to break it off. They say it's not in our culture to date so I...

How to tell her parents? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm dating a stright a student who is like the perfect daughter. Her parents don't know about me.. I hope... I want to take her to the movies for our 1st month since we started going out... her parents are mean.. and I don't want to get her in trouble... what do I do?

Fair lovely [ 1 Answers ]

Hi mother er any one want to care his skin to come his person for me. I care for it. I always sleeping his bed. And...

View more questions Search